Guest Operations Intern
About Ukio |
We are one of the most promising startups of 2023 with headquarters in Spain. We were founded in Barcelona, and since then, we've expanded to include offices in Madrid, Lisbon, Berlin, and Paris. This is only the beginning as we've got our sights set on spreading to the rest of Europe and later to include other continents as well 🚀.
Ukio's mission is to empower individuals to live where they want, when they want 🌎. We do this by disrupting the traditional residential real estate market, providing fully furnished and artfully designed apartments for stays starting at one month. We remove all the hassle around finding a rental with no long-term contracts, security deposits, broker fees, moving/buying furniture, etc., giving choice and flexibility to allow people to plant their roots anywhere 💥.
Backed by Europe's best Venture Capital firms, this year will be vital in our growth as we look to further build out our team, further establish ourselves in our current markets, and expand our reach into multiple new markets 🔥. We are currently ranked in the top 10 startups in Spain by Linkedin, and we have successfully raised a Series A investment round of €27 million that will help propel our growth throughout Western Europe and bring us closer to reaching our goals🥇.
Our culture |
We honor diversity, compassion, and honesty above all else in our team. We’ve already got a great mix of dedicated, collaborative, and results-driven people and are looking for more like minded folks to join our team. In true startup fashion, we always embrace the unknown and grant full autonomy to our team members to act as the owners of their projects and tasks. We are creators who embrace dynamic environments and take on and build up projects from scratch.
Our team is composed of everyone from foodies to athletes, adventure seekers to art buffs. We know fun, and we always have a team event on our calendars, so are you ready to join us?
We are currently looking for a Guest Operations Intern focused on the quality assurance operations, based in Madrid and fluent in Spanish and English. Your primary focus is to guarantee the seamless operation of the guest´s flow, from pre check-in to post check-out, verify the quality and cleanliness of apartments, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable stay. You will help the team with the creation and optimization of guest flow procedures.
- Manage the guest operations from check-in to check-out which includes resolution of guest requests and complaints
- Ensure the cleanliness and high quality condition of the apartments
- Conduct regular check-in inspections to ensure the apartments meet or exceed quality and cleanliness standards
- Manage the guest´s access to apartments; key management and keyless access codes and communicate these with GX team
- Check-In Instructions: Assist the GX team when requested on details about the apartment and building entrance instructions.
- Manage welcome kits and cleaning essentials inventory
- Coordinate with housekeeping, maintenance and other teams to schedule tasks and ensure a timely turnaround between guest stays
- Replace all essential items and cleaning supplies in apartments in between guests
- Schedule and supervise the check-out cleaning of apartments
- Conduct check-out procedure
- Report and track the completion of maintenance and furniture replacement tasks that result from check-out
- Provide feedback to the design team about furniture quality
- Maintain oversight on expenditures and costs as an integral part of the guest operations responsibilities
The role is integral in providing an outstanding guest experience and maintaining the overall quality of our properties. The guest operations intern plays a vital role in the successful operation of our guest services, ensuring that guests have a memorable and hassle-free stay in our Ukio homes.
About you |
- C1 Spanish level and C1 English level
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards
- Organized, able to follow up processes and to deliver fast follow-up
- Comfortable in customer facing role: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in working with cross-functional teams
- Able to put pressure on stakeholders for fastest resolution
- Previous experience in hospitality, property management, or related field is a plus
Ukio's life benefits |
- Paid internship
- Team buildings and office events
- Transportation card (transportation coverage for role that have traveling needed for their work tasks according to the internal policy)
- Breakfast at the office, fruits, nutrition bars, free coffee/tea and popcorn!
- An amazing internal culture and no dress code!
- International working environment with many different nationalities!
Ukio's culture promotes and values each individual's contribution. Diversity and inclusion, it’s a big topic for us, as such we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief.
Sky's the limit for us. We're here to revolutionize your life. Be part of this revolution 🔥