Senior Business Intelligence Developer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Developer to get the best out of our BI tool and foster our data-driven culture. This Role’s mission will be:
- Be the owner of Looker, our BI tool
- Help our Data Analysts build amazing dashboards
- Collaborate with the Data engineers to organize our data in the best way for analytics
- Foster our data-driven culture across the whole company by leading initiatives to enable stakeholders getting the best from Looker
What you will do:
- Create and maintain Looker dashboards
- Create and maintain Looker data models, explores and views.
- Gather requirements from our stakeholders and Data Analysts and act as a bridge between them and our Data Engineers to fill the data gaps
- Manage Looker users, privileges and folder structure
- Set up best practices and data governance guidelines for Looker
- Design data models to answer multiple business needs
- Train business users to get the most of Looker" ideally in the 5th position
What you need:
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a Business Intelligence Developer, Data Visualization Specialist, ETL Developer, or similar role working with modern BI tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English
- Experience with Looker or other data visualization and BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Qlikview...)
- You are a Master in SQL, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance
- You have experience with data modeling. You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs
- You have the desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction, and with highly engaged individuals
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- A mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
We are an IRL (in real life) company and as such have worked hard to build up local hubs in our core markets to support in real life collaborations as much as possible. We of course support flexible working patterns but it is our objective to maximise that IRL connection more than remote.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Something looks off?