Senior Security Engineer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer that will join our expanding security team, focused on securing our SaaS product/applications.
You’ll get the chance to build on your knowledge and experience by protecting one of the fastest growing SaaS start-ups in the world. On top of that, we'll support you with relevant training to grow your expertise.
For this role, you should have some experience in any of the following areas: secure development, infrastructure security, security automation or application vulnerability management and be the kind of person who loves to build good security. We're not expecting you to be an expert in all these areas - but if you're extremely passionate about all things security, a team player and looking to take your career to the next level, we’d like to meet you.
This role can be based from Barcelona, London and Edinburgh.
What you will do:
We know that everyone has different specialties and experience, so depending on your background and skillset, you could be working in any of the following areas:
- Vulnerability Management. Help to maintain vulnerability management for our SaaS product where we identify vulnerabilities through various tooling, external penetration tests and bug bounty submission
- Secure Development. Educate other developers on secure coding best practices while helping to apply and improve them through practical application, reviews, and automation
- Security Operations. Mature our security operations - configuring tools to ensure we get important alerts, monitoring them and responding to any identified issues
- Security Automation. Help us to build and maintain important security and data protection features into our product, infrastructure and development workflow
- Working as a security champion for our applications, which are built with technologies like Python/Django, Typescript/React, and hosted within AWS
- Keep up to date with the latest application security threats and trends, alerting us to any potential risks that could affect TravelPerk
- Generally be a key player in the engagement between the Security, Engineering and DevOps teams.
What you need:
- Experience in at least one of the following: secure development, infrastructure security, security operations, or application vulnerability management
- Good understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- A demonstrable passion for secure engineering and a desire to take on new challenges
Good communication skills in English
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our London hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Something looks off?