Senior Business Travel Consultant - Out of Office Hours - Fully Remote
Senior Business Travel Consultant - With Galileo or Amadeus
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired, and Selected among the Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces in the UK! We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
The candidate will join the Customer Care team and report to a Customer Care Team Leader. You will be required to provide a 7 star service to our business travelers by assisting them with all their travel inquiries with the use of the Galileo GDS platform. This role will be fully remote anywhere from within the UK
Day to day you will be:
- Arranging European and Domestic travel from flights, to car hire to hotels
- Providing a first class service to our clients
- Assisting clients with bookings
- Communicating with customers via online chat, telephone and email
- Proactively maintain relationships with clients
- Undertake travel reservations and amendments on behalf of Click Travel customers and to ensure that customer service (communications with customers and accuracy of bookings) is at the forefront of your priorities.
- Previous experience as a Business Travel Consultant.
- Expert Knowledge of the Galileo GDS system or Amadeus
- A good communicator, well organized and used to working to tight deadlines while under pressure.
- A positive and professional telephone manner.
- Confident in interacting with clients and suppliers on the telephone.
- Be proactive and take ownership of customer queries/complaints
- Able to use your own initiative to overcome problems.
- Be flexible towards work requests and completing other tasks.
- Maintain a professional & positive attitude when dealing with suppliers, customers and fellow colleagues.
- Motivate & encourage the well being of the team.
- Display a positive attitude at all times.
What do we offer?
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company.
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location.
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs.
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being.
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities.
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work:
- Working hours are within 7am - 11pm
- 2 weekends every 4 weeks
- Required to work the Bank holidays
- Role will be fully remote however you will be required to come into the Birmingham hub for Training and special events
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.