Staff Product Designer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Why you’ll love our team
- We are a team of 30 talented Product Designers, Content Designers and Researchers. We like to think of ourselves as high-achievers, goal-oriented, and eager to learn and grow. We foster efficiency through autonomy and creativity through collaboration.
- Working in the Product Design team will ensure high-quality design, strategic impact on the product and next-level GIFs 😎
- In the Product Design team, you will find a strong culture of ownership, impact-over-effort and lending support to each other, there are no egos and transparency is highly valued.
- We are a heterogeneous team with multiple nationalities and backgrounds, pushing for getting better, having fun and always asking why (of course).
Wanna know more? You can always find us at travelperk.design
As a Staff Product Designer, you will lead strategic initiatives that impact on the customer experience and be expected to influence design across different teams as needed, inspiring and coaching designers along the way through craft leadership.
Part of the role is also taking part in improving team processes and expanding the culture by bringing best practices around design processes and delivery.
This role will report to a Design Manager as part of the core part of the design team and will have a dent in its direction.
What will you do?
- Lead individual design initiatives with a broad strategic impact on the product and the customer experience
- Lead with craft, inspire and support fellow designers, bringing your unique skill-set and continually raising the bar of the team and our products.
- Develop partnerships with Design, Product, and Engineering Leads as well as the Builders Leadership team to help elevate the voice of Design within TravelPerk
- Influence the direction of our Design System to better serve the team.
- Work with design leadership to iterate, implement, and communicate our design vision and strategy across the organization.
- Proactively improve our design standards, documentation, and processes alongside your team members to further our design practice
- Influence and support the growth of the team through hiring, networking, and sourcing future team members.
What will you need to succeed?
- Passionate energy for great design and amplifying our team culture
- Experience working in high-growth product companies with an international footprint
- Experience in presenting ideas to various levels in the org—team, colleagues, management, and executives. Excellent communication skills that excite stakeholders and articulate a vision.
- Ability to influence product roadmaps working alongside Product Managers and Engineers
- Experience educating, partnering with, building with, and influencing product teams
- Experience in inclusive design and accessibility
- 8+ years designing complex systems
- Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- Exponential growth opportunities;
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona OR London hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.