Senior Product Designer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We aim to create a business tool that feels just like a consumer one. This is why we are expanding our design team and seeking a Senior Product Designer to join us. If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
In TravelPerk, we work in “squads” which are small, autonomous teams made up of full-stack engineers, a Product Manager, and a Product Designer. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be expected to own design within your squad, while also contributing to the wider Design team and Product functions within TravelPerk. Within a squad of the Manage Tribe, you’ll be responsible for defining the best experience for our customers during the post-booking phase of their journey. This includes things such as helping them change their flight, streamlining their hotel check-ins, or providing efficient communication channels with our customer support team to address any issues.
What will my day look like?
Within your squad, we require that you are confident in the following:
- A solid grasp of User Experience and Visual Design fundamentals
- Developing a partnership with your Product Manager to fully understand customer needs and business value, challenging each other to raise the bar for your product area.
- Working with our in-house UX Research team to coordinate user studies to better understand our customers’ problems, and being able to run your own research projects end-to-end when necessary.
- Working with our data team to investigate various data sources to uncover relevant quantitative insights.
- Working with our in-house Content Design team to define the best flows and messaging for the features you are building.
- Ideating quickly and effectively with your squad, favouring communication and collaboration over ping-ponging via tools.
- Partnering with your engineering peers to understand technical constraints and opportunities through a basic understanding of web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, APIs) allowing you to communicate ideas effectively with engineers and fellow designers.
- Complying with Suitcase, our Design system, and contributing to its improvements.
- Continuously optimizing the design process in your squad and across the wider team.
- Testing and optimizing low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and cu
What skills are required?
- 5+ years working for a digital product
- Experience working with Sketch / Figma and remote whiteboard tools like FigJam / Miro
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written). You are comfortable presenting ideas to multiple stakeholders and articulately defending design decisions.
- Ability to influence product roadmaps working alongside Product Managers and Engineers
- Advocating for Suitcase, our Design System
- Regular interaction with customers and prospects to understand the problem space
- A positive and proactive team player
- English language skills to a professional level, both writing and speaking
Why You’ll Love Our Team
- We are a team of 34 talented Product Designers, Content Designers, UX Researchers and Brand Designers. We like to think of ourselves as high-achievers, goal-oriented, and eager to learn and grow. We foster efficiency through autonomy and creativity through collaboration.
- Working in the Product Design team will ensure high-quality design and strategic impact on the product.
- In the Product Design team, you will find a strong culture of ownership, impact-over-effort and lending support to each other, there are no egos and transparency is highly valued.
- We are a heterogeneous team with multiple nationalities and backgrounds, pushing for getting better, having fun and always asking why (of course).
Wanna know more? You can always find us at travelperk.design
- Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our HUB NAME hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.