Sales Development Representative - Benelux
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us to achieve our ambitious goals within the Benelux market. As an SDR, you must be a persevering and focused professional. Reporting to the SDR Manager, your focus will be feeding our sales funnel by qualifying and engaging with prospective TravelPerk customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, be part of a fresh but seasoned A-players Sales Team, and be in a position with substantial professional development possibilities.
You will learn from the best people and work within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that changes how organizations budget, book and manage their business travel!
What you will do:
- Understand the travel technology landscape through industry research and competitive selling.
- Gain SaaS sales experience by working within our SMB and Enterprise segments to generate interest and qualify leads for our Sales Executives.
- Generate outbound activity, and run outreach campaigns using a combination of phone, email, and social touches to identify, contact, and qualify potential customers.
- Evaluate leads, and schedule product demonstrations between our Sales Executives and potential clients.
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that TravelPerk provides.
- Become a valued SaaS technology expert by learning about our partner landscape and advising on end-to-end software solutions along the value chain.
- Learn corporate selling strategies by running meetings and high-level conversations with C-level executives (Office Managers, CFO or Travel Managers) to explain the Travel Perk Value Proposition
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams to understand all the moving parts of a successful startup company.
- Use Salesforce to generate and manage a pipeline of leads and opportunities.
What you need:
- Native level of spoken and written Dutch/Swedish or Danish is a must.
- Being a highly proficient English speaker is also a must.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both spoken and written.
- Ability to build great credibility over the phone with prospects.
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle.
- A goal-oriented person with strong character and perseverance.
- Hungry and ambitious, yet ethical and sound.
- Strong character and perseverance.
- Able to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Proactive and capable of thinking outside the box to generate leads.
Bonus points for…
- Previous Business Development or sales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar is also a plus.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be within commuting distance of our Barcelona and London hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
At TravelPerk, we prioritise experience and potential over academic qualifications for this role. We believe that talent and ability aren't always reflected in formal credentials.
For certain roles, we provide relocation assistance. Please specify your need for this in your application, and we will evaluate the possibility on a case-by-case basis. English is our official office language, so we request that resumes be submitted in English for effective communication.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.