iOS Engineer - London
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000, featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes & Wired, and Selected among the Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces in the UK! We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We have some really unique problems to solve here, like building a scalable design system for our mobile app. To help us we need an iOS Engineer to join the team. You’ll get to be part of a small cross functional team (design, product, web and mobile) that is in charge of supporting platform engineering projects for the rest of the business, helping to ideate new features, improve processes, and have a significant effect on the end user’s experience.
We’re not looking for stack experts or X years with Y framework, we like meeting kind, smart people who can learn the right tools and processes to make our product the best in show!
As an iOS Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in iOS (Swift), supporting customer-facing and platform features
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing
- Working in an Agile environment with attention to detail, quality and continuous integration
- Working closely with people, helping those who need help, contributing to a positive and healthy engineering environment
And also the possibility to get exposure to:
- The ability to develop different parts of our product and do secondments in other teams
- Product development of Backend for Frontend components
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs
- Other cultures and teams across our other hubs in Barcelona, Berlin, London and more
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset
- Knowledge of Swift
- Pragmatism - simplicity, efficiency, and performance
- The desire for quality and testing
- A willingness to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Good communication in English
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tools for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of one of our hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.