Senior Account Manager - US
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is innovative. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior SMB Account Manager who is Customer oriented and Result driven to join our Account Management Team.
As a Senior SMB Account Manager at TravelPerk, you will be actively contributing to our continued customer satisfaction, working to increase growth and margin within existing accounts and be an integral part of driving the Account Management Team forward with directed and self-started projects
In this role you will be responsible for a portfolio of SMB accounts. You must possess a genuine hunger to navigate your accounts in a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment, be ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard. You must also be able to organize and prioritize your efforts to devise ways to improve and optimize the team’s performance.
What you will do:
- Own a portfolio of top SMB Customers and develop a high level of customer engagement with your contact and key decision makers within your accounts
- Gain a deep understanding of your customers business, leverage this information to ensure that the customer maximizes their usage of TravelPerk and create frameworks to expedite the growth of this skill in the wider team
- Identify growth opportunities to develop your portfolio in a profitable and revenue-driven way
- Leverage data analytics to provide clients with regular business reviews, reports and presentations to senior stakeholders
- Create templated reports that add tangible value to clients from your experience
- Be an expert on the portfolio of TravelPerk products in order to meet & exceed quarterly revenue targets
- Develop strong relationships with your clients that will shape their business travel programs
- Identify common problems within each account and develop strategies to solve issues in a timely manner whilst creating methods to ensure long term solutions
- Act as a key contact between the internal TravelPerk teams and the Account Management Team, to ensure product integrations during roll-outs are as smooth as possible.
- Act as a liaison between the Account Management team and other internal teams to achieve projects and goals
- Effectively prioritize your time in order to maximize impact in key business areas, both internal and external
To apply, you must have:
- 12+ months Account Management experience
- Track record of being a top performer
- Perfect written and spoken English
- Additional language is a bonus
- Outstanding presentation & communication skills and the ability to build deep relationships
- Great prioritization and time management skills
- Result oriented mindset while keeping customer satisfaction as your top priority
- Great ability to analyze and translate data for your customers
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Empathetic: someone who can identify with the customer and genuinely wants to support them using an optimal problem-solving methodology
- Creative: An out of the box thinker to find solutions to complex problems
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and never get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to both give and take constructive and direct criticism
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and an HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Boston or Chicago hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.