Head of Global Workplace Experience
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
At TravelPerk, we have always given our culture critical importance. It’s through our shared mission and values that we create a sense of belonging and a sense of purpose between our employees. That’s exactly what our Community & Workplace Experience team is in charge of: bringing TravelPerkers together over our Mission and our Culture.
But that’s not easy to do! TravelPerk has changed deeply in the last few years. We switched gears to a hybrid way of working, which has led us to rethink how we keep our culture vibrant. We want to evolve our workplace strategy to face the new future of work. We want to build a sense of belonging through our physical spaces. And we want to help our team members create the most fulfilling experience of their life while being with us. At the intersection of all these challenges, we need our Head of Global Workplace Experience.
As our Head of Global Workplace Experience, you will manage one of the most important artefacts of our culture: our workplace (offices, home set-ups, virtual spaces, “how we work” strategy). You will be in charge of making sure our communities can count on the right tools and spaces to collaborate and do their best work. We currently have our Barcelona HQ and hubs in Birmingham, London, Edinburgh Berlin, Miami, Boston and Chicago hubs. Your role is to make sure workplace operations for people across the globe run smoothly.
We’ll be honest: this is not a typical facilities/office management job and we won’t settle easily.
We’re looking for someone who understands that not only do we want to treat facilities as a tool for community building, we also want to become the best hybrid organization in the world. Nailing our workplace strategy through an innovative approach will be crucial to get us there.
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
What you will do:
- When structuring our team we like to focus on the objectives to be achieved, not just the ‘function’. Your objectives as our Head of Global Workplace Experience will be:
- To own the operational excellence in everything related to our facilities globally as we scale as a company.
- To design, lead and implement our workplace strategy (including hybrid, international hubs and future of work).
- To maintain, improve and create operational processes through your team that contribute to building a sense of community and delivering a 7* experience to our people.
- To build, manage and engage a team that supports you in this mission.
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience and skills to manage the current challenges, but who is also looking to grow, experiment and challenge our approach towards the community experience through the workplace.
In a more traditional lens, as a Head of Global Workplace Experience you will:
- Develop a long-term strategy, including planning and executing global workplace projects;
- Proactively select, interview, and negotiate contracts with vendors and providers;
- Design and implement a workplace experience strategy that embodies our community vision both locally and internationally;
- Manage, with the help of your team, the day-to-day office operations;
- Oversee the maintenance, health & safety, security, and correspondence logistics;
- Support the People team with on-site and remote onboarding
- Support the Community Team with events and other activities centered around community belonging
- Liaise with C-Level stakeholders to provide insights and updates on key initiatives
- Engage with leadership and managers to identify department specific space and set up needs
You will also:
- Have a culture focus: you keep TravelPerk’s culture top of mind in everything you do. As part of the Community & Workplace team you live and breathe our values and always put these first.
- Be a partner to our people: we have a very special way of doing things in the TravelPerk community. We build with the members of our Community, not for them, empowering them to enrich their experience alongside us. That’s why you will need to become a partner to all the members of the community to understand their needs, support them and create something that works for them, with them.
- Have a strong data approach: evaluate and measure success to leverage learnings in the development of our strategy.
- Be a key team player: as a member of the Community & Workplace team you will also be involved in many cross-team initiatives.
- Be able to work and thrive in an ambiguous environment
What we’re looking for…
This role will be perfect for you if you’re someone who matches the following:
- You have hands-on experience as a Workplace/Facilities Manager in an international and fast-paced startup environment.
- You have experience budgeting and dealing with office providers on a large scale.
- You have managed large HQ offices with hundreds (or thousands) of employees.
- You have built communities and a sense of belonging through workplace experience.
- You research and learn new ways of doing things to bring innovative solutions. Experimentation will be a crucial part of your role.
- You’re looking for the most challenging experience of your career, full of learnings and growth.
- You have a human-centric, creative and proactive approach in everything you do.
- You are comfortable with occasional travel to the other locations or to open new hubs.
These are the important skills:
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
- A proven track record of working collaboratively and productively with all stakeholders
- Team player. We need top class collaborators.
- Humble: You’re ok with the spotlight, but you don’t crave it. Instead you focus on elevating the teams around you. You acknowledge what you don’t know and you’re willing to learn.
- Extreme Ownership + Getting things done attitude
- Proactive approach and able to work under pressure. Look for problems to solve before they become problems. But when they become problems, stay cool and solve them quickly.
- Extremely hands-on: you don't mind solving small problems or big problems. From high-level planning to detailed execution.
- Project Management skills
- Define, plan and oversee projects so that they are delivered faster than anyone would think possible
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed and up to date and manage expectations
- You feel comfortable being challenged, learning fast, making things happen, and moving from one project to the next one.
On top of those things...
- You have fun doing what you do!
- Continuous improvement is part of your DNA. The bar is high but you always aim to set it higher. You stay ahead of news and updates to keep yourself informed and the company to the highest standards.
- You seek feedback early and often and are open to constructive and direct candor
- You possess a genuine hunger to navigate your role in a fast-changing, hyper-growth environment
- You’re ready to roll-up your sleeves and work hard.
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan;"
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3-4 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (https://www.travelperk.com/contact/). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.