Senior Operations Manager
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a Hub Manager to join the Customer Care team in Barcelona!
What will you be doing?
- Understands and demonstrates TravelPerk core values and Leadership Principles.
- Implements change and develops new processes/SOP’s as necessary to provide the ability to better track performance and act on improving it.
- Mentors others in developing leadership behaviours. Hires, manages, and leads teams to success.
- Shapes the direction of the team, keeps them focused and motivated to deliver the right results in an ever-changing business environment.
- Work with the CC leadership team to determine strategy, and to ensure that customer service achieves overall goals
- Solves complex customer service issues by proactively identifying and eliminating the root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality. Looks into the automatizing process where applicable.
- Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
- Continually measures and evaluates all work processes using Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, and other improvement methods.
- Develops and achieves performance goals and objectives in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- This position requires a candidate who has the ability to dive deep to include root cause analysis and develop action plans in support of driving process improvements and keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance-based culture in an extremely deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication.
- Builds positive productive relationships with many stakeholders and partners around the world.
- Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business and regions.
- Acts as the thought leader for Customer Services.
- Demonstrates flexibility in work hours based on business needs. Including weekends and bank holidays
What will you need to succeed?
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of senior management experience in a fast-paced, rapidly changing operations environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to leadership, employee development, an understanding of Lean and Six Sigma with a strong track record in continuous improvement methods such as Kaizen, Lean, DMAIC, etc. being required.
- A keen interest in and familiarity with technical systems, in addition to an exceptional level of dedication, motivation, and intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability managing and developing large high-performance teams of associates/leaders is required.
- Demonstrated familiarity with general principles of workflow in an inbound contact center, and current technologies to help manage that workflow.
- The candidate should have a specialized skill set in running large-scale contact center operations, preferably in the travel business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitudes are required.
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to see the big picture and cascade it to the team to ensure continuous alignment with company/department goals
- Self-organized, proactive and strong attention to detail
Bonus points for…
- 5+ years people management experience
- Project management experience
- Experience in Kaizen / Lean Solution / Sig Sigma, DMAIC, and other improvement methods are a big plus for this role
- Experience managing teams of 100+ reports indirect in addition to managing managers
- Fluent in English would be an added benefit as the role engages with leaders and different countries
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your wellbeing;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (office locations). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.