PR Specialist (Spanish-speaking)
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a PR Specialist. You will be responsible for building our brand reputation within the media world. With your passion for media connections and strategic insights, you will craft compelling stories that engage audiences in Spain, Germany and other key European markets.
What will you be doing?
- Lead TravelPerk’s media relations in key European markets:
- Develop, implement and evaluate a proactive and integrated PR strategy.
- Work in a busy press office drafting reactive stories and comment pieces.
- Build meaningful relationships with top tier press and secure coverage.
- Secure interview opportunities to enhance our profile as an industry leader.
- Project manage simultaneous PR initiatives, ensuring impact over effort.
- Exceptional agency management to maximize PR impact, acting as a trusted advisor on what works and what doesn’t.
- Use creativity and data-driven insights to generate news opportunities, whilst optimizing content for digital platforms.
- Mitigate risks through effective crisis communications planning.
- Strengthen our position through awards submissions and speaking opportunities.
- Work as team:
- Collaborate and partner with other channels including blog and social media to amplify PR campaigns beyond media.
- Work closely with spokespeople and internal teams to have a detailed understanding of TravelPerk products, market and strategy.
How will you be measured:
- Mentions derived from our PR strategy.
- Quality of the media coverage.
- Relevancy to our strategy and/or regional goals.
Who will this role report to:
- Director of Communications
What will you need to succeed?
- Strong professional skills:
- Creative thinking and writing, great storyteller, always finding the right angle that will get the media to pay attention and pick up stories.
- Proactive spirit - always on the hunt for opportunities.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Understanding of the ecosystem and demands of the market.
- Strong personal skills:
- Patience, curiosity, and thirst for knowledge.
- Media friendly - ability to create meaningful relationships with journalists.
- People skills - ability to interact and work with leadership and other peers.
- Resilience - able to handle complex situations and pressure.
- Relevant background:
- Significant experience working in a similar role, ideally within the travel and/or tech industry.
- An excellent level of Spanish and English, both written and spoken.
- Consistent track record of developing and implementing successful campaigns.
- Tech-savvy with a strong online presence on one or more social networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in media relations with Spanish media.
Extra points for:
- Proven relationships with relevant media/journalists in Spain; other European countries a bonus!
- Experience of working in a PR agency and/or managing PR agencies.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company.
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge.
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location.
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs.
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being.
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities.
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
- 📚 IRL English or Spanish Lessons are held in the Barcelona office.
How We Work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.