Business Travel Consultant - German Speaker
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that has raised nearly $294m since our creation in early 2015. Backed by world-class investors from some of tech’s most disruptive companies, including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel industry.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion—by simplifying the process for everyone involved.
We’re continuously growing and adapting to the situation. Because we’re innovators we have been focused on turning lemons into lemonade, during the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
We are looking for experienced, hands-on Business Travel Consultant passionate about people and about making an impact. Our Customer Care team is one of the foundations of our company's success and growth. We hire empathetic people who understand what we are trying to achieve: Make business travellers happy!
Are you a problem solver and an empathetic professional driven by customer experience? Are you tired of companies that take their customers for granted? Ready to go the extra mile to help us to grow by changing the way organisations book and manage their business travel?
If your answer to all these questions is YES - Read on!
As a Business Travel Consultant , you will have the opportunity to become an expert in the Business Travel Sector, work with B2B customers and be part of a strategic team at TravelPerk. You will have a direct impact on our growth and customer retention. You will act proactively and address our clients’ needs at any stage of their travels, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maintaining relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
Please note: working hours for this role will be mostly during weekdays and afternoons.
What you will do:
- Master Customer Care
- Support our B2B customers in their Business Travels
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to resolve booking issues
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible when managing bookings, queries and requests
- Resolve problems by applying established TravelPerk policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough
- Addressing, preempting and solving problems - You are an owner and anticipate issues before they come your way!
- Help define and establish best practices together with the rest of the team in sales, operations and customer care
- Come to us with innovative ideas to improve customer experience
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches in TravelPerk - there are lots so be prepared for some serious innovation!
- Adapt fast to changes and contribute to making things happen in a smooth way: we are a growing start-up!
What you’ll need to have:
- Native or near native level of German, spoken and written
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Customer Experience in the Hospitality Industry- hotels, travel agencies, airlines..
- Experience working with Amadeus GDS, another GDS will be a plus
- Proven experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service that helps customers
What we always look for:
- Independent and autonomous, you don’t need hand-holding to get things done
- Good prioritization and focus skills
- Empathy, you understand what our customers need
- Smart, fast learner and tech savvy
- Flexible and able to adapt to constant changes with a positive mindset
- You are open to get and give constructive feedback
- You want to learn - we have a 7 Star management team to mentor you!
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You LOVE Travel!
What do we offer?
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
This role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona HUB. We believe IRL (in real life) collaboration is important and core to our company mission, but we want to provide our team with flexible working arrangements. To balance both, we have adopted a IRL-first working style. You’ll be expected to work from your local hub office at least 3 days a week (more days during onboarding is encouraged!) to maximise IRL connection. If you’d like to go to your hub more than that, you are more than welcome to.
Good to know:
- This position requires being based in our Barcelona, Birmingham or Berlin hub.
- We have flexible working hours and work-from-home plans to fit your life.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.