Staff Content Designer
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. We aim to create a business tool that feels just like a consumer one. That’s why we are expanding our design team and seeking a staff content designer to join us. If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for an exceptional staff content designer to our team. Content design is at the heart of our design process and you'll be working side-by-side with product designers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to shape the future of business travel.
As a staff, you’ll play a key role in helping to shape and influence overall content direction and strategy for your product, tribe, and beyond. You’ll be owning and leading the most complex content projects and influencing senior stakeholders across the business. You're an ideal candidate if you're just as happy supporting the big-picture strategy and setting standards as you are helping to mentor and support others and being a champion for the content design culture . You’ll do your best work in an environment that requires proactive and independent self-direction as much as collaboration and open communication.
What you will do:
- Lead and direct content strategies and projects across the product team and beyond
- Design high quality, usable, and consistent content for web and mobile experiences across all touch points including information architecture, navigation, product information, user interface, emails, and in-app notifications
- Distill highly complex problems and technical information into clear, simple, and accessible content
- Partner with senior stakeholders in brand, marketing, sales, product and customer care to align on content and ensure a joined up user experience.
- Facilitate discussions across complex areas or projects to meet business and user needs
- Influence decisions, deal with conflicting priorities, and remove blockers.
- Take responsibility for content quality, review the work of others to assure quality and mentor content colleagues on their writing
- Be responsible for improving and implementing efficient processes, collaborative ways of working, and content standards
- Proactively gather data and insights to build strong evidence for content decisions and direction
- Influence and facilitate user research to improve the quality of content, build empathy and gain a deep understanding of our users and their needs
- Be a vocal and visible advocate for content design best practice, engage with TK and external design communities and stay knowledgeable on latest industry changes.
- Set a standard for other content designers on the team and lead by example in ways of working, collaboration, and content craft
- Be a mentor to other designers and support overall team development
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experienced in owning ad leading content design projects and strategy for digital products
- A motivated and proactive problem solver who is adaptable to change
- A deep understanding of end-to-end journeys and how content is affected within these journeys
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Professional English level with fluent proficiency in English grammar, vocabulary, and a solid understanding of native UK or US English idioms and vernacular
- A champion of accessible and inclusive content and helping others understand why it’s important
- Experienced in creating, embedding, and maintaining content standards, style guides, and tone of voice guidelines
- Knowledgeable on latest technology, such as generative AI, and the role and impact of content design in that space.
- Ability to organise, facilitate and lead design meetings, workshops, and critiques
- Expert communicator of ideas, concepts, and rationale for content decisions to influence stakeholders and strategy
- Comfortable influencing and conducting user research to improve the quality of content and user experience
- Portfolio or case studies that showcase how your work has directly impacted and improved the user experience, key product metrics or customer satisfaction scores
- Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our HUB NAME hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.