Senior Frontend Engineer - Edinburgh
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you a Senior Software Engineer with extensive programming experience?
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about our engineering team in this blog post
Join our passionate team and make a remarkable impact by shaping the visual face of our platform, website, and internal tools. As an integral member of our team, you will not just be involved in delivering top-tier product features and advanced internal tools, but you will also champion the enhancement and evolution of our frontend architecture.
We are seeking skilled individuals with exceptional attention to detail, a self-starting mentality, and the drive to see ideas from inception to fruition. Your role will also include collaborating effectively with our innovative product, design, and backend engineers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, this position involves:
- Maintain, develop and introduce innovative features within our current product suite for the benefit of customers and our internal teams.
- Foster efficient collaboration with distributed and multidisciplinary teams.
- Partner with the product team to design and refine our Front End, including producing precise specifications and technical designs.
- Aid in the advancement of our infrastructure by providing relevant insights and maintaining documentation.
- Propose and implement enhancements to refine the existing software infrastructure.
- Cultivate a nurturing environment by mentoring junior and mid-level engineers in the frontend development process
Required skills and experience:
- Proven experience as a FrontEnd Engineer with expertise in React.
- Demonstrable experience in writing and supporting automated tests.
- Proficiency related to delivery, deployment, performance, and optimisation of client solutions via AWS.
- Excellent command of English, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of core web and browser concepts.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Django.
- Domain knowledge in business travel.
- Familiarity with:
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance one of our hubs. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.