Sales Development Representative - French
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us to achieve our ambitious goals within the French market. As an SDR, you must be a persevering and focused professional. Reporting to the SDR Manager, your focus will be feeding our sales funnel by qualifying and engaging with prospective TravelPerk customers. This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, be part of a fresh but seasoned A-players Sales Team, and be in a position with substantial professional development possibilities.
You will learn from the best people and work within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that changes how organizations budget, book and manage their business travel!
What will you be doing?
- Running outreach campaigns using a combination of phone, email, and social touches.
- Qualifying the leads during a phone call (making sure that they meet all the requirements we are looking for in customers), engaging them and scheduling them for further consultations on a Sales Executive’s calendar.
- Seeking to understand the needs of our target prospects and articulating the value that TravelPerk provides.
- Maintaining accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce.
- Acquiring an expert knowledge of TravelPerk and our ever evolving features.
- Working closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process.
- Conducting high-level discussions with Office Managers, CFOs or Travel Managers to explain the TravelPerk Value Proposition.
What we expect from you:
- Native level of spoken and written French is a must.
- Being a highly proficient English speaker is also a must.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both spoken and written.
- Ability to build great credibility over the phone with prospects.
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle.
- A goal-oriented person with strong character and perseverance.
- Hungry and ambitious, yet ethical and sound.
- Strong character and perseverance.
- Able to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team.
- Customer-centric mindset.
- Proactive and capable of thinking outside the box to generate leads.
Bonus points for:
- Previous Business Development or sales experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar is also a plus.
What do we offer?
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
This role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our HUB. We believe IRL (in real life) collaboration is important and core to our company mission, but we want to provide our team with flexible working arrangements. To balance both, we have adopted a IRL-first working style. You’ll be expected to work from your local hub office at least 3 days a week (more days during onboarding is encouraged!) to maximise IRL connection. If you’d like to go to your hub more than that, you are more than welcome to.
Good to know:
- This position requires being based in our Barcelona hub.
- We have flexible working hours and work-from-home plans to fit your life.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.