Director of Accounting
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you're ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated Director of Accounting to join the Controllership team and lead our core and technical accounting team and oversee some of our key financial operations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in accounting, finance, and leadership, with experience in managing a team of professionals. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating some of TravelPerk’s core accounting functions, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations, and providing strategic, value add insights to senior leadership.
This role will be based from our Barcelona hub and, while we do offer certain flexibility, the responsibilities of the role require you to be in the office several days per week.
What you will do
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the core accounting department (including accounts payable, general ledger and technical accounting), to ultimately ensure timely, complete and accurate financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations through effective financial stewardship.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, and provide insights to senior leadership.
- Prepare and present financial reports and analyse financial data, providing insights to senior leadership on financial performance, risks, and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Own and constantly monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and improve financial performance.
- Collaborate with other departments such as legal, strategic finance and tax to ensure cross functional alignment with business objectives and to support decision-making.
- Manage relationships with external auditors, and other financial professionals, culminating in a timely and accurate audit process.
- Provide guidance and support to core accounting team, including coaching, mentoring, and performance evaluation.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, changes in accounting regulations, and best practices to ensure continuous improvement in accounting processes and systems.
- Identify opportunities to automate to elevate efficiency and accuracy across the team, ensuring we remain up to date with the latest world class tech solutions in the accounting sphere, streamlining processes and removing bottlenecks.
- Drive ad-hoc projects across the business to add value, insight and revenue generating insight to the TravelPerk product offering.
What you need
- Professional accounting qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CPA) with 7+ years post qualified experience, with at least 5 years in a management or leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, technical accounting skills, including knowledge of GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and drive results.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (English), with the ability to present financial information to senior leadership.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate a team of professionals.
- Experience with financial systems and software
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven work environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and accounting software (NetSuite experience a bonus)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy whilst having full control of the big picture.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - We offer 16 paid hours per year that you can use to give back to society by volunteering for a charity of your choice.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, products, and culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, support them, and thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, products, and community. As an equal-opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Something looks off?