Senior Business Travel Consultant - With Expert Knowledge of Galileo
Senior Business Travel Consultant - With Galileo
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
The candidate will join the Customer Care team and report to a Customer Care Team Leader. You will be required to provide a 7 star service to our business travelers by assisting them with all their travel inquiries with the use of the Galileo GDS platform.
- To provide 7-star service to our customers
- To be able to solo-work with no supervision using your own initiative
- To assist all clients with travel bookings, amendments and cancellations and to process this in an efficient and competent manner.
- Provide an excellent service via communications with customers and accuracy of bookings
- Communicate with customers, whether this is by telephone, email or in person, in a professional and friendly manner. Emails must be of a high grammatical standard, telephone calls must be polite, all information and confirmation notes given to customers must be accurate and most importantly, all communications must give the customer the confidence that their enquiry will be handled to their satisfaction.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with all Company Quality Standard and Procedures.
- Dealing with phone calls and email requests/queries from existing and potential clients.
- Providing clients with suitable travel options and suggestions of the best way to meet their requirements.
- Arranging all travel from flights, to car hire to hotels etc
- Be involved in the ticketing processes for all travel; checking interline/ticketing agreements and the BSP website.
- Proactively maintaining relationships with clients at all times.
- Helping with any problems clients may have and provide the appropriate customer service throughout the entire process unsupervised.
- Processing responses to clients within the companies agreed service level agreements.
- To actively get involved in the process operated by the company and make suggestions on possible improvements.
- To be part of the team and actively help and assist colleagues as needed.
- To carry out all reissues and revalidations unsupervised. Provide assistance to other team members and quality check their work if required
- To assist and help colleagues with their queries & questions unsupervised and offer solutions.
- To support the Team Leader at all times.
- To ensure all service level agreements are met before completion of shift.
- To actively maintain the GDS Queues using Galileo
- To mentor and actively support more junior members of the team
- Expert knowledge of the Galileo Travel Booking systems (Flights, hotels, Trains, Car rental)
- Previous experience as a Business Travel Consultant
- A good communicator, well organized and used to working to tight deadlines while under pressure.
- A positive and professional telephone manner.
- Confident in interacting with clients and suppliers on the telephone.
- Be proactive and take ownership of customer queries/complaints
- Able to use one's own initiative to overcome problems.
- Be flexible towards work requests and completing other tasks.
- The working schedules can fall anywhere between the working hours from 7am - 7pm -Monday to Friday
- 1 weekends every 5 weeks
What do we offer?
- A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth & personal development opportunities
How we work:
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Birmingham hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Something looks off?