Senior UX Research Operations - Temporary Cover
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
ReOps advocacy & strategy
- Develop and strengthen relationships with internal teams (e.g. product managers, Legal, Finance, Marketing, AMs, Data, etc.) and externally with the research operations community
- Become a subject matter expert for the research team on topics like research tooling, research ethics, research data storage, informed consent, NDAs, screeners, etc.
- Execute - together with the team lead - the long-term research operations strategy on a regular basis to keep it in line with company and research team goals
- Guide and drive execution of research operations roadmap in an agile working context by collaborating with cross-product teams, and ensuring effective project delegation amongst multiple stakeholders who do research
- Contribute to the UX Research Operations community (eg. newsletters, blog posts, talks, etc)
User recruitment management
- Own our participant recruitment strategy from end to end: develop and execute recruiting plans for multiple complex research projects and niche participants; refine and strengthen legally and ethically sound standards that allow us to find the right participants
- Find ways to efficiently track and improve the effectiveness of participant recruitment strategies
- Analyse inbound Research Operations support requests from UXR and other stakeholders according to business and workload impact. Prioritise them as well as define, track project related KPIs, metrics and derive actionable plans for continuous improvement
- Refine our participant messaging and increase response rates to surveys, screeners, research invitations and ensuring they are legally and ethically compliant
Research budget management
- Liaise with Finance and senior management to establish and manage budget for the team, focusing on optimising vendor and incentive spend
- Optimise research budgets for cost and effectiveness
- Make our insights repository available to all interested and relevant parties across TravelPerk and devise a strategy to track its impact
- Define and refine processes on how UX research insights are disseminated with the help of our insights repository at company-level to increase UX visibility and synergies
Support the research practice to happen efficiently and meeting quality standards
- Create and maintain research operations playbooks and training materials for new research operations hires, researchers and other persons who do research at TravelPerk
- Democratise UXR OPS: teach the product team about the key Research Operations assets to help them perform their own studies with the support and review of a UX Research Operations specialist
- Create training, content and promote it to stakeholders. Communicate the value of Research Operations and get buy-in from teams across the organisation
- You mentor across teams in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner. You foster a culture of mentoring opportunities for themselves and others in their growth as mentors.
- Advise people who do research on research risks related to confidentiality and devise strategies to identify, assess and mitigate the risk of information leakage of both participant and company data
What will you need to succeed?
- Flexibility in handling workload fluctuations and multiple requests
- Experience establishing budgets and working with them
- Experience in setting up vendor relationships and negotiating contracts
- Good knowledge of legally informed consent and data management of user research participants
- Good experience with research and research operations tools and procuring and managing software tools
- Advanced knowledge and command of GSuite tools, project management software as well as other tools related to user research such as survey and scheduling tools
- A role model on high bar managing research operations as a sports team, engaging in difficult conversations, make tough decisions and execute quickly
- Official degree in Communications, Project Management or other related fields or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of experience managing or leading cross-functional projects or change initiatives for a start-up / tech company environment. Having direct experience working within user research teams doing research operations is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to successfully lead projects with teams across the organisation and naturally build rapport with stakeholders
- Strong solution orientation communication approach with actionability mindset
- Proactive and organised project-management approach to solve even the most complex and ambiguous problems
- Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- Exponential growth opportunities.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.