Strategic People Partner
We are TravelPerk, a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries. Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.4 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. During the last year, we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a hands-on Strategic People Partner (Sr HRBP) with experience in scale ups companies, growing a team exponentially with a firm grasp of HR policies, processes, and tools. Based in Barcelona you will be a strategic partner to our Customer Care teams.
So, are you a collaborative, innovative and ethical HR professional who’s not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump into the thick of the action? Do you have a proven track record of successes delivered to the highest standards? If you are ready to go the extra mile and help us scale and adapt to continuous change with a smile on your face, we need to talk!
What will you be doing?
As a Strategic People Partner to the Customer Care teams, you will drive our People team plans by collaborating closely with senior Customer Care stakeholders including C-suite member. You will provide guiding, mentoring and coaching to managers and leaders in order to support TravelPerk’s vision, mission and overall objectives.
- Partner with stakeholders including our COO and Customer Care Leadership team in order to foster and promote best practice standards and the core values of the business at all levels.
- Facilitate and support the effective implementation of global people plans and initiatives as they relate to Customer Care building at scale.
- Support and coach management and leadership in resolving people matters and recommending high-judgment solutions for sensitive and complex situations.
- Own and leverage people data to influence your client group to keep their organization healthy.
- Provide guidance on career paths/development and manager capability.
- Contribute to the execution of the People Team strategy.
- Ensure that effective and appropriate HR policies, procedures and guidelines are in place, meeting local legal requirements, best practice and organizational objectives.
- Drive the talent management cycle including promotions and succession planning..
- Set HR priorities through targeted use of HR data and analytics.
- Supporting our transformation and change activities to build resilience, leadership and communication skills in the organization.
What will you need to succeed?
- Extensive experience as a Strategic People Partner within a fast growing startup/scale up organization
- You have supported scaling Customer Care departments
- Experience partnering with C-level or senior level executives
- Experience either owning or partnering with fellow People team members to deliver:
- Performance & Development Review Processes
- Compensation & Benefits reviews
- Workforce Planning
- Talent management
- Upskilling organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of talent management, change management and project management Spanish Employment market Knowledge
- HR systems knowledge and competence
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English
- Data-driven and analytical mindset
- Continuous improvement is part of your DNA. The bar is high but you always aim to set it higher. You keep abreast with news and updates to keep yourself informed
- Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solution, either solo or as a part of the People team
- Strong business acumen gained through job experience
- 💰 A competitive compensation package, including equity in TravelPerk;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on your location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan;"
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth & personal development opportunities.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL - first approach to work, where our team works together in person 3-4 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub (https://www.travelperk.com/contact/). We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, and creativity and ultimately make us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.
Something looks off?