Director of Hotel Supplier Relations
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including Airbnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team comprises A-players from the travel and technology industries.
We’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is an innovator. We have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and GreenPerk, we are shaping the industry's future. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in! If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for a driven, experienced, dependable, and hands-on Director of Hotel Supplier Relations. Focused on building contractual relationships with hotels that will give TravelPerk access to the best inventory and conditions, you will own Travelperk´s end-to-end direct relationships with hotels, while building, developing and leading a team to reach the ambitious revenue goals of our hotels vertical.
Do you have a proven track record of success in creating and developing an inventory strategy? Do you have experience in procurement within the travel industry, including knowledge on GDSs, Channel Managers and negotiating with big chains? Are you a team builder? Are you ready to go the extra mile to help us scale our platform and further disrupt and transform business travel? If the answers to these questions are yes, we need to talk!
As our Director of Hotel Supplier Relations, you will be an instrumental contributor to our inventory strategy, directly impacting the success of one of the hottest startups in Europe. Specifically you will build strong relationships with hotel providers and negotiate the finest commercial contracts to guarantee the best and most exclusive deals. You will be required to showcase your excellent communication, relationship-building, and negotiation skills to mould the highest brand and value recognition within all relevant hotel contact levels.
What will you be doing?
- Create, develop and maintain an overall hotel strategy for TravelPerk to ensure TravelPerk has a great hotel inventory.
- Build and manage relations with hotel partners to guarantee the best commercials while maintaining hotel performance.
- Create the highest brand and value recognition in the hotel industry.
- Proactively work to avoid relationship conflicts (including legal ones), and endeavor to resolve these issues if they occur.
- Represent the company at relevant industry events.
- You will adopt data-based decisions to drive the hotel strategy channeling resources to what matters most and needs to be done.
- Collaborate with product and sales teams to quantify, and prioritize opportunities to improve our inventory.
- Coordinate and communicate decision-making processes with all stakeholders
- Manage the high-performing team that supports managing these relationships, with a strong focus on continuous feedback, mentoring, coaching, and training.
- Build the necessary KPIs to measure the team's performance
What will you need to succeed?
- A proven track record of 8+ years of experience in procurement within the travel industry or leading strategic business areas with relevant stakeholder management responsibilities.
- High level of sales skills and negotiations skills, especially in the e-commerce or travel space. Strategic prospecting skills, buyer-seller agreement, communication, qualification questioning, Closing Techniques and post sales relationship management.
- Great communication skills in English: You can clearly explain (verbally and in writing) the connections between larger business goals and inventory goals to any type of stakeholder.
- Experience in hotel pricing and hotel revenue management or in other strategic positions.
- Experience with Online Travel Agencies (OTA) and Traditional agencies.
- Deep expertise in the hotel industry, knowledge on GDSs, Channel Managers and negotiating with big Chains.
On top of that, you will be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, never play political games, and care more about the team’s successes than your own career gains.
- Focused and determined: You never let yourself get distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and will not get lost in the less important ideas that float around.
- Pragmatic: You have a startup mindset, you can think and produce quickly. Collaboration comes naturally to you, and you are capable of driving towards quick wins and last minute opportunities.
- 💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- 🌎 "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work:
- Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Barcelona hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
- Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Remember to submit an updated portfolio and resume.
- TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.
Something looks off?