Galileo Trained - Senior Business Travel Consultant - Night Shift - Fully Remote
Senior Business Travel Consultant - Night shift (Fully Remote) - UK based ONLY
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015. Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
The candidate will join the Customer Care team and report to a Customer Care Team Leader. The successful candidate will be expected to work the night shifts with the occasional weekend. The role will be fully remote due to the unsocial working hours, however on certain occasions you could be required to stop by the office for important meetings or special events.
- To provide 7-star service to our customers
- To be able to solo-work with no supervision using your own initiative
- To assist all clients with travel bookings, amendments and cancellations and to process this in an efficient and competent manner.
- Provide an excellent service via communications with customers and accuracy of bookings
- Communicate with customers, whether this is by telephone, email or in person, in a professional and friendly manner. Emails must be of a high grammatical standard, telephone calls must be polite, all information and confirmation notes given to customers must be accurate and most importantly, all communications must give the customer the confidence that their enquiry will be handled to their satisfaction.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with all Company Quality Standard and Procedures.
- Dealing with phone calls and email requests/queries from existing and potential clients.
- Providing clients with suitable travel options and suggestions of the best way to meet their requirements.
- Arranging all travel from flights, to car hire to hotels etc
- Be involved in the ticketing processes for all travel; checking interline/ticketing agreements and the BSP website.
- Proactively maintaining relationships with clients at all times.
- Helping with any problems clients may have and provide the appropriate customer service throughout the entire process unsupervised.
- Processing responses to clients within the companies agreed service level agreements.
- To actively get involved in the process operated by the company and make suggestions on possible improvements.
- To be part of the team and actively help and assist colleagues as needed.
- To carry out all reissues and revalidations unsupervised. Provide assistance to other team members and quality check their work if required
- To assist and help colleagues with their queries & questions unsupervised and offer solutions.
- To support the Team Leader at all times.
- To ensure all service level agreements are met before completion of shift.
- To actively maintain the GDS Queues.
- To mentor and actively support more junior members of the team
- Expert knowledge of the Galileo Travel Booking systems (Flights, hotels, Trains, Car rental)
- Previous experience as a Business Travel Consultant
- A good communicator, well organized and used to working to tight deadlines while under pressure.
- A positive and professional telephone manner.
- Confident in interacting with clients and suppliers on the telephone.
- Be proactive and take ownership of customer queries/complaints
- Able to use one's own initiative to overcome problems.
- Be flexible towards work requests and completing other tasks.
Monday : 2000 - 0700
Tuesday : 2000 - 0700
Wednesday : 2000 - 0700 / Thursday : 2000 - 0700
Fully Remote - You need to be based in the UK.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- 2 year working contract
For certain positions we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, please let us know in your applications and we will assess whether this is possible.
English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Something looks off?