Software Engineer - Birmingham
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
Are you a Software Engineer with extensive programming experience?
We’re not looking for stack experts. We’re looking for smart people who can bring in the best tools and processes to get the job done. Read more about our engineering team in this blog post
You will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement our product. TravelPerk is a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As Software Engineer, this position involves:
- Product development in Python/Django and/or React of a travel-related web-based product
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs
- System architecture design, implementation, and testing
- Work in an Agile environment with strong attention to a well-documented code, unit testing, and continuous integration
- Being able to mentor, coach, and train other colleagues as a domain expert
Required skills and experience:
- "Product Engineering" mindset
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products in any web programming language
- An expert level at server-side, client-side or full stack development. Your final role within the team will depend on your skills and internal training will be provided
- Obsession for quality and testing
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks
- Strong communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite
- Experience working with high-performing, Agile development teams
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects)
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including to travel to one of our hubs
- Mental health support tools for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Birmingham hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.
Something looks off?