Engineering Manager - London
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionising the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will lead and evolve a large product development team in our Plan Trip tribe. This team is essential to the ongoing growth and core strategy of the business.
Plan Trip builds and maintains the core of the search experience for our travellers. From the integrations with Flight, Hotel and Transport providers to the results and booking functionality that customers see. This is a mixture of deep technical problems serving real time prices and availability to customers combined with providing a consumer grade UX that exceeds expectations for business travel.
As an Engineering Manager, this position involves:
- Being accountable for the delivery and personal development of your team or teams.
- Acting as servant leader to your engineers and adapting your leadership style to the needs of the situation.
- Taking care of individuals' performance in the organisation and supporting their journey and ownership of their career using coaching and mentoring where appropriate.
- Act as a technical champion, ensuring that the team has the time and context to build systems that meet the needs and standards of our organisation.
- Enabling fluent and effective collaboration within the team, and supporting them through challenges in system architecture, design or implementation.
- Develop and evolve a long-term strategy and roadmap for the team, working with the Product Manager and aligned with the Tribe mission.
- Strategic team building and planning for delivering highly available features that scale with our growth.
- Being a key part of the recruitment and growth of the engineering team.
- Working with the business and team metrics to deliver a 7 star experience to our customers.
- An understanding of how engineering impacts product and business needs.
- Providing feedback to stakeholders within Builders (Product and Eng) and sometimes the wider business.
Required skills and experience:
- You have been operating continuously in a similar managerial position in a relevant software company with evidence of delivering impactful product outcomes.
- You are a people manager who builds an effective work culture that improves the working lives of your team.
- You have experience managing larger teams where it’s necessary to build processes and systems of delegation to get work done.
- You act as a problem finder and solver technically and organisationally, helping the team to overcome any issue that prevents your engineering fellows to perform at their best.
- You run effective performance reviews that celebrate achievements and help your team identify where to grow next in line with their aspirations and the needs of the business.
- Pragmatism and obsession for simplicity, efficiency, and performance.
- You have the ability to adapt and react fast to an ever-changing environment.
- You are able to operate at a tactical level while understanding the big-picture strategy.
What do we offer?💰 Competitive compensation, including equity in the company;
- 🌴 Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge;
- 💊 Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance, depending on location;
- 🧩 "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary;
- 🥳 Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs;
- 💙 A mental health support tool for your well-being;
- 📒 Exponential growth opportunities;
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our London hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
For certain roles, we can help with relocation from anywhere in the world, English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply. Do not forget to submit an updated portfolio and/or resume.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to make sure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of how you look, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you, well, you.