Business Travel Consultant - GDS
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.TravelPerk are innovators. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team.
From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
If you’re ready to take off with us, keep reading!
We are looking for experienced, hands-on Business Travel Consultant expert on GDS, passionate about people and about making an impact. Our Customer Care team is one of the foundations of our company's success and growth. We hire empathetic people who understand what we are trying to achieve: Make business travellers happy!
Are you a problem solver and an empathetic professional driven by customer experience? Are you tired of companies that take their customers for granted? Ready to go the extra mile to help us to grow by changing the way organisations book and manage their business travel?
If your answer to all these questions is YES - Read on!
As a Business Travel Consultant , you will have the opportunity to become an expert in the Business Travel Sector, work with B2B customers and be part of a strategic team at TravelPerk. You will have a direct impact on our growth and customer retention. You will act proactively and address our clients’ needs at any stage of their travels, ensuring high customer satisfaction and maintaining relationships at a 7 Star satisfaction standard.
Please note: working hours for this role will be mostly during weekdays and afternoons. However, you will be occasionally asked to work on night shift and weekends based on the business needs - in a planned and structured schedule of course and you will be compensated for this!
What we expect from you:
- Excellent English, spoken and written
- Customer experience in the hospitality industry- hotels, travel agencies, airlines...
- Proven experience in working with Amadeus GDS Cars, Hotels and Trains
- Proven experience in working with Amadeus GDS flights, another GDS will be a plus
- Proven experience going above and beyond to provide an amazing service that helps customers
- Flexibility in your shifts - no need to give up your social life for working schedules!
What you will do:
- Support our B2B customers in their Business Travels
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to resolve booking issues
- Keep high satisfaction standards and exceed customer expectations as much as possible when managing bookings, queries and requests
- Resolve problems by applying established TravelPerk policies, procedures and tactics, and also by thinking out-of-the-box when anything established is not enough
- Addressing, preempting and solving problems - You are an owner and anticipate issues before they come your way!
- Help define and establish best practices together with the rest of the team in sales, operations and customer care
- Come to us with innovative ideas to improve customer experience
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches in TravelPerk - there are lots so be prepared for some serious innovation!
- Adapt fast to changes and contribute to making things happen in a smooth way: we are a growing start-up!
Bonus points for…
- Independent and autonomous, you don’t need hand-holding to get things done
- Good prioritisation and focus skills
- Empathy, you understand what our customers need
- Smart, fast learner and tech savvy
- Flexible and able to adapt to constant changes with a positive mindset
- You are open to get and give constructive feedback
- You want to learn - we have a 7 Star management team to mentor you!
On top of that, you will only be the right candidate if you are:
- Honest, open and trustworthy: your peers and managers can trust you. You are a team player, don’t play political games, and care more about the team’s success than about your own career gains
- Focused and determined: You don’t let yourself be distracted. You can focus on accomplishing big wins and don’t get lost in less important ideas that are floating around
- You LOVE Travel!
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Health perks such as private healthcare or gym allowance depending on your location
- "Flexible compensation plan" to help you diversify and increase the net salary
- A minimum of 3 days per week we work together in our amazing new office in Barcelona
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events including travel to one of our hubs
- Udemy for business account to continue your development
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
You will need to be based in, or willing to relocate to Barcelona. English is the official language at the office. Please submit your resume in English if you choose to apply.
At TravelPerk we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.