Sales Development Representative
We are TravelPerk: a scaling unicorn valued at $1.3 billion that has raised over $400m since our creation in 2015.
Backed by world-class investors with portfolios including AirBnb, Stripe, Slack, Trello, Gusto, Twitter, Farfetch and Deliveroo, our team is made up of A-players from across the travel and technology industries.
Over the past few years, we’ve been named the fastest-growing SaaS startup in the world by SaaS1000 and featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired. We’re revolutionizing the B2B corporate travel market—worth over $1.3 trillion— to connect people in real life in an enjoyable and sustainable way.
TravelPerk is innovative. During the last year we have welcomed and acquired the likes of Click Travel, NexTravel and Albatross to the team. From TravelCare, to FlexiPerk and of course GreenPerk we are shaping the future of the industry. Our team continues to emerge stronger and stronger as we adjust to the new normal—and that’s where you come in!
About the role:
We are currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us to achieve our ambitious goals. As a SDR, you must be a persevering and focused professional working in our Boston, Chicago, or Miami hub. Your focus will be on feeding our sales funnel by qualifying and engaging with prospective TravelPerk customers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join TravelPerk, be part of a fresh but seasoned A-players Sales Team, and in a position with huge professional development possibilities. You will learn from the best people, and work within a fun and collaborative culture. Help us scale by selling a disruptive product that is changing the way organizations budget, book and manage their business travel!
How you'll spend your time:
- Running outreach campaigns using a combination of phone, email, and social touches.
- Qualifying the leads during a phone call (making sure that they meet all the requirements we are looking for in customers), engaging them and scheduling them for further consultations on a Sales Executive’s calendar.
- Seeking to understand the needs of our target prospects and articulating the value that TravelPerk provides.
- Maintaining accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in Salesforce.
- Acquiring an expert knowledge of TravelPerk and our ever evolving features.
- Working closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of TravelPerk and to evolve and improve the lead qualification process.
- Conducting high-level discussions with Office Managers, CFOs or Travel Managers to explain the TravelPerk Value Proposition.
We get excited about you if you have:
- Previous experience working in a startup selling SaaS products.
- Proven track of success (overachievement) within a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills both spoken and written.
- The ability to build great credibility over the phone with prospects.
- Good understanding of B2B solution selling with a short sales cycle.
- Strong character and perseverance and are goal oriented.
- Hunger and ambition, yet ethical and sound.
- The ability to work as an individual contributor, but bearing in mind you are part of a team.
- A customer-centric mindset.
- A pro-active and capable of thinking outside the box to generate leads.
Bonus points for…
- Experience in the travel industry.
- Experience using inside sales tools like Salesforce, Outreach, SalesNav, LeadIQ.
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation, including equity in TravelPerk
- Generous vacation days so you can rest and recharge
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability with coverage from your start date
- Financial benefits like 401k with company matching and an HSA plan
- Family services that include adoption benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence and hybrid work availability
- Unforgettable TravelPerk events, including travel to one of our hubs
- Learning and professional development opportunities
- Mental health support tool for your wellbeing
- Exponential growth opportunities
- VolunteerPerk - 16 paid hours per year to volunteer for a cause of your choice.
- "Work from anywhere" in the world allowance of 20 working days per year.
How we work
Our Vision is for a world where TravelPerk serves as the platform for human connection in-real-life (IRL). We take an IRL-first approach to work, where our team works together in-person 3 days a week. As such, this role requires you to be based within commuting distance of our Boston or Chicago hub. We fundamentally believe in the value of meeting in-real-life to improve connectivity, productivity, creativity and ultimately making us a great place to work.
TravelPerk is a global company with a diverse customer base—and we want to ensure the people behind our product reflect that. We’re an equal opportunity employer, meaning you’re welcome at TravelPerk regardless of your appearance, where you’re from, or anything else that makes you.