Junior Finance Controller
MAJORITY is looking for an Junior Finance Controller
MAJORITY is a groundbreaking digital banking service for migrants, nomads, internationals and immigrants. Our all-in-one membership includes an FDIC-insured account, Visa® Prepaid card, international money transfers, cross-border, bill pay solutions and international calling. We are built for migrants, by migrants.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are following their dreams, love or new experiences, more and more of us are leaning towards new environments. Our purpose at MAJORITY is to empower the amazing, the brave, and the talented and help them achieve all of their ambitions. We believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to provide migrants the tools to thrive in their new country. Come join us!
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 20 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Are you the right person to join our diverse team of highly ambitious migrants?
- Are you ready to work hard and celebrate successes?
- Looking to join a truly diverse team of 60 people with more than 20 different nationalities?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start-up with an already existing and continuously growing business full of opportunities with a fast pace?
- Do you always see the positive side of a challenge, believing that nothing is impossible?
As our Junior Finance Controller you will be part of an outgoing and successful team of 6 people. The position offers tasks such as setting up and verifying vendors, schedule payments (wire, ACH, checks), keep banks updated as well as adding employees to payroll system, perform bi-weekly payroll, ensure that proper taxes are submitted. Perform various weekly reporting for payroll and independent contractors. Aid in accounting functions as needed.
Main tasks - Payroll
- Process payroll in accordance with pay schedule
- Maintain accurate and complete payroll records
- Manage time-keeping system data entry from supervisors and employees
- Answer payroll questions and resolve errors
- Ensure HR policies are adhered to with respect to payroll administration
- Adhere to all State and federal payroll laws
- Update payroll/time-keeping system for new hires, terminations, promotions etc
- Complete all state, federal, insurance payroll reports as well as surveys as needed
- Complete payroll/independent contractor report for processing payroll
Main tasks - Accounts Payable
- Responsible for setting up vendors, verify information and maintain records
- Maintain W-9 for vendors and ensure proper 1099 Misc coding and reporting
- Process vendor invoices, including coding to appropriate general ledger account
- Make payments on a timely basis (wires, ACH and checks)
- Review, post and pay expense reports
- Timely mark invoices as paid
- Research billing issues
- Make sure timely processing for month and year end
- Aid the accounting function
- Various ad hoc projects and tasks
We are looking for
A fast learning, proactive and thorough individual ready to grow with Majority. A person who likes to work in a team as well as individually and who thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. We need someone who enjoys getting things done with a can-do attitude.
To be a successful candidate you have
University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- +2 years experience with both Accounts Payable and payroll processing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, drive improvements and work proactively
Maintain a high level of confidentiality
Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability
Ability to handle a large amount of transactions in a fast paced environment
Strong English both oral and written, Spanish is a plus
Windows and Excel proficiency
Knowledge of Quick Books or similar accounting systems and knowledge of automated payroll systems is a plus
If this sounds like the dream job for you - apply today! We will screen and evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to send in your application and resume as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!
We are Majority. People from all around the world, as of now more than 20 countries and more to come. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.