MAJORITY is a groundbreaking digital banking service for migrants, nomads, internationals and immigrants. Our all-in-one membership includes an FDIC-insured account, Visa® Prepaid card, international money transfers, cross-border, bill pay solutions and international calling. We are built for migrants, by migrants.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are following their dreams, love or new experiences, more and more of us are leaning towards new environments. Our purpose at MAJORITY is to empower the amazing, the brave, and the talented and help them achieve all of their ambitions. We believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to provide migrants the tools to thrive in their new country. Come join us!
Our team mirrors our global audience: we are a diverse team of people from over 20 different countries that get together everyday – and we’d love for you to join us. Are you the right person to join our diverse team of highly ambitious migrants?
- Are you ready to work hard and celebrate successes?
- Looking to join a truly diverse team with more than 20 different nationalities?
- Are you looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a start-up with an already existing and continuously growing business full of opportunities with a fast pace?
- Do you always see the positive side of a challenge, believing that nothing is impossible?
As a Senior Accountant, you are responsible for organizing our company’s day-to-day accounting procedures of the US entities within the Majority Group: maintaining records of all transactions, responsible for monthly closing, and reconciling accounts. You are also responsible for setting up all the systems and guidelines for accounting and payroll which are compliant with US laws.
- Month-end and year-end closings
- Monthly sales tax returns
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Payments & bank reconciliations
- Journal entries & general ledger reviews
- Prepaid, accruals, depreciation journal entries
- Employee expense and reimbursement management
- Payroll admin & payroll inquiries
- Assistance with company policies and compliance procedures
- Managing DocuSign
- General administration tasks
- Other accounting and admin tasks, as assigned.
We are looking for
A fast learning, proactive and thorough individual ready to grow with Majority. A person who likes to work in a team as well as individually and who thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. We need someone who enjoys getting things done with a can-do attitude.
To be a successful candidate you have
- University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role: accounts payable and payroll
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, drive improvements and work proactively
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and high level of accountability
- Self-starter, energetic, and hands-on individual with entrepreneurial spirit and no-task-too-small approach.
- Strong English both oral and written, Spanish is a plus
- Windows and Excel proficiency
- Experience of accounting software and other technical platforms (QuickBooks, Rillion, Expensify, ADP) highly preferred.
If this sounds like the dream job for you - apply today! We will screen and evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis so we encourage you to send in your application and resume as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!
We are Majority. People from all around the world, as of now more than 20 countries and more to come. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability