Junior Risk Analyst
MAJORITY is a groundbreaking all-in-one digital financial service app that includes an FDIC-insured account, Visa® Prepaid card, money remittance, and international calling. We are built for migrants, by migrants.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are following their dreams, love or new experiences, more and more of us are leaning towards new environments. Our purpose at MAJORITY is to empower the amazing, the brave, and the talented and help them achieve all of their ambitions.
We believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to provide migrants the tools to thrive in their new country.
We are a diverse group of people from over 40 different countries that come together every day and we’re looking for others driven by the same desire to create meaningful products that bridge cultural and geographic distances
MAJORITY is looking for a Junior Risk Analyst, to join its risk team in Miami, FL. This is an in person role within our new office located in Wynwood.
- Proactively identify fraud and AML by utilizing the internal security monitoring system to analyze transaction activity
- Effectively communicate analytical approach, relevant findings, and recommendations with supporting evidence throughout the organization
- Identify gaps in record and documentation quality and work with relevant stakeholders to address necessary updates
- Provide quality customer service and subject matter expertise to all internal departments, third party partners and sales organizations
- Investigate cases as needed, managing and escalating alerts when required
- Produce weekly reporting for different areas of risk monitoring and fraud investigations
- Ensure compliance with all banking laws, rules, regulations, and prescribed policies and procedures necessary to reduce risk and uphold ethical standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least two years of experience in similar risk role within the financial services industry
- Fintech experience a plus
- Strong team-based and cross functional collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, passionate about quality, with extremely high standards for delivery
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Flexibility and ability to think creatively and to identify new ways to approach old problems
- Familiarity with Looker a strong plus
We are MAJORITY. We are international, ambitious, kind, and inclusive. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.