Platform Engineer (DevOps)
MAJORITY is a groundbreaking all-in-one digital financial service app that includes an FDIC-insured account, Visa® Prepaid card, money remittance, and international calling. We are built for migrants, by migrants.
Global migration is a 21st-century reality. Whether people are following their dreams, love or new experiences, more and more of us are leaning towards new environments. Our purpose at MAJORITY is to empower the amazing, the brave, and the talented and help them achieve all of their ambitions.
We believe that everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Our mission is to provide migrants the tools to thrive in their new country.
We are a diverse group of people from over 40 different countries that come together every day and we’re looking for others driven by the same desire to create meaningful products that bridge cultural and geographic distances
MAJORITY are seeking a Platform Engineer (DevOps) to join our team and help us maintain our deployment pipelines, databases, infrastructure and security posture. You will be responsible for handling the non-functional aspects of the system, including on-call duties and conducting POCs with new technologies to improve ease of operation and cost savings. Additionally, you will be expected to script and automate day-to-day operations. The role will report to the CTO.
Assist the development teams with automation and architecture.
Automate and drive security and compliance for PCI Level-1 and SOC2 compliance, DevSecOps.
Improving the overall performance of the platform and all of its infrastructure with a focus on fast response time, scalability and resource allocation.
Continuously further develop and improve the internal tools for dev teams and help driving towards continuous delivery.
Continue the construction of a microservice architecture with the support of, among others, Kubernetes, Istio, Datadog, Elastic, Terraform.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing tools and platforms with in-depth experience from cloud providers.
- Extensive experience in Docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or similar
- Solid Linux experience
- Development/Scripting experience preferably in Python
- Have an understanding and interest for CI/CD and experience with build tools/services such as AzureDevops or similar
- Production experience with monitoring, logging, and distributed systems
- Great communication skills
- Independent and self reliant
- Always striving for continuous improvements
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive and passionate person who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else.
We are MAJORITY. We are international, ambitious, kind, and inclusive. We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.