Medical Scientific Liaison / Medical Advisor (f/m/d)
We are broadening our Talent Pool in Medical Scientific Liaison / Medical Advisor to fuel our future success in EUROPE & Germany. As a Medical Scientific Liaison / Medical Advisor, you can contribute to our effort to bring our evidence-based therapies to as many people as possible. As one of the first digital therapeutics in the markets and with the largest patient basis, we can build on our unique strengths in technology leadership and industry-leading clinical evidence.
We invite you to submit your application and we will reach out directly should we think you are a good fit!
What our Medical Affairs team typically does:
- Responsible for all medical activities in the field of COPD and MSK (Rückenschmerzen)
- Develop and execute the strategic and operational medical affairs plan in Germany for COPD and MSK aligned with KAIA´s European strategic plan
- Define and lead national engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and Medical societies
- Maintain in-depth understanding of the digital healthcare landscape in regard to the product, competitors and related medical areas
- Partner with stakeholders to add relevant Medical Affairs input on Market Access activities
- Partner with Global clinical research to define national data needs and to generate data in Germany that are relevant for health economics, epidemiological and market research
- Partner with Marketing, Clinical Research, Business Development and other departments to review relevant documents from a medical viewpoint
- Responsible person for SAE/AE/DD reportings
- Provide medical & scientific perspective in Marketing and Market access conversations and processes specifically for Kaia’s musculoskeletal pain & COPD products
- Collaborate across departments to create and review marketing content for internal and external use
- Co-Manage pilot projects enabling the generation of Real-World-Evidence (RWE) in close collaboration with the Business Development Team
- Create visibility for Kaia’s products by being present and presenting to a medical audiences at conferences/congresses and industry events
- Develop close understanding of needs target physician groups related to products in the musculoskeletal pain sector and voicing those needs in all relevant processes.
Within the first 6-12 months, you will:
- Establish strong relationships with KOLs (existing and adding new ones)
- Be present at congresses to expand our network of HCPs for our Back Pain and COPD products
- Work closely with our partner Chiesi to support on medical questions and representing patient/HCP interests
- Support our internal field force for Back Pain to be successful in targeting our HCP target groups
- Identify, segment and analyze key stakeholders in the healthcare system in Germany and establish connections in collaboration with our internal teams including but not limited to: BD, Marketing, Sales, and Medical Affairs & Market Access
- Help shape Kaia’s go-to-market strategy for musculoskeletal pain & COPD products in collaboration with our marketing team and our external pharma partner
- Inform our strategy for organization set up of the commercial and medical affairs team by being our first “boots on the ground”
- Synthesize our clinical evidence and lead the medical side of the project management for our reimbursement process
- Deeply analyze Kaia’s products, the underlying technologies and the clinical evidence to form compelling messages for medical stakeholders
- Analyze the needs and problems of key stakeholders and partners in the markets and form a deep understanding of what moves them
- Create a segmentation of potential stakeholders to approach and a structured approach for connecting with them
- Partner up with functional and cross-functional internal stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Several years of experience in medical affairs
- Strong experience in communicating and managing internal and external stakeholders
- A degree in medicine is highly appreciated
- Creative, flexible, and hands-on skills, without shying back from rolling up sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done within time, budget, and resource constraints
- Experience understanding, building, and developing medical strategy based on business needs
- Good communication skills, verbally and visually
- Proficient qualitative and quantitative analytical skill
- German skills at native or near native level, with an ability to articulate well to various stakeholder groups (especially external KOLs) in both written and spoken language.
Ideally you also have:
- Established connections to key medical stakeholders in the field of pneumology and musculoskeletal diseases in Germany
- Experience and medical domain knowledge in the field of general practice, pneumology or musculoskeletal diseases in Germany
- Familiarity with healthcare marketing regulations, especially the “Heilmittelwerbegesetz” in Germany
- Experience with Health Tech and/or AI and building clear medical strategies around it.
You'll fit in with our company culture if you:
- Are user-centric and view technology as a tool to improve human quality of life
- Have a bias for action; the world is a complex and unpredictable place, so starting somewhere, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the way to go
- Strive to be articulate and humble, accepting that being sometimes wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible. Further, you strive for simple and elegant solutions to complex problems
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
- You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
- You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
- We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
- Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.
What we offer in Germany:
- A competitive salary
- Occupational pension plan opt-in
- Gym membership subsidy
- Mobile Plan
- Child Care subsidy opt-in
- Transportation Allowance up to 60€ per month
- Meal allowance up to 100€ per month
- A laptop of your choice (Mac or PC) up to 2,000€
- 600€ budget for peripherals
- An annual budget of 1,200€ dedicated to your personal development
- 24 days PTO + flexible PTO, plus 4 days personal development days off
- Complimentary access to Kaia app
- Free beers after 6pm in the office & Free fruits
- Centrally located office in Munich (Sendlinger Tor)