Senior UX Designer
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Issuu is one of the largest SaaS content publishing and distribution platforms in the world, with millions of pieces of content (marketing collateral, magazines, catalogs, brochures and more) added every year. At the heart of Issuu is the Issuu Story Cloud, a suite of advanced features designed to transform a single piece of content into assets for every online marketing channel, including mobile articles, email graphics, and social stories for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and more.
Create once, share everywhere with Issuu! www.issuu.com
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer in Berlin or Copenhagen. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for leading the design of major aspects of the user experience that scales across multiple products, platforms, and end-to-end scenarios for a variety of customers. You're a strong, creative problem-solver who has a knack for making complex things simple, is guided by customer data and business needs, and knows how to work well with others in order to turn ideas into reality.
NOTE: Please when submitting your resume, include your portfolio link. Thank you!!
What You'll Do
- You will be designing experiences that improve the understandability of our product and its feature suite, especially for new users, in order to improve user engagement and enhance our onboarding capabilities.
- Additionally you will be supporting our growth team by refining our value proposition and conversion funnel in order to make it easier and more desirable for users to discover our core product, as well as premium features.
- You will contribute to the evolution of the experience architecture and appearance of the Issuu product and create value for our customers.
- The evolution of the product is a research-driven effort, and we would prefer you have UX research experience. We are continuously developing our design/engineering collaboration practice and toolset.
- We have a nascent Design System which you will be a part of defining and growing. Make a clear impact in crafting the next evolution of Issuu’s user experience.
- As a Senior UX Designer, you will be part of a collaborative, customer-centered team working to deliver innovative solutions to empower and assist customers as they define their online presence. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team that's changing the face of Issuu and helping small businesses around the world build, manage, and grow their business.
We are looking for someone who can
- Create clear and coherent end-to-end design experiences across a user's journey, through our product.
- Establish a vision through simple, elegant designs and a clear process for delivering them.
- Keep track of emerging design dependencies throughout a changing product.
- Evolve and invent new visual and interaction designs based on experience requirements, brand guidelines and user needs.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, marketing, product managers, development teams, customer support and BI specialists.
- Be an active facilitator and contributor in critiques, reviews, collaboration and constant iterative improvement to both process and product.
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time, workflow and expectations appropriately,
- Advocate for design excellence and usability, and help visualize product needs from the user’s perspective for other stakeholders.
What You Bring
- 5+ years experience in product or UX design and
- 2+ years in delivering SaaS products to market.
- Impressive portfolio of modern and progressive UI architecture, interaction and visual designs, as well as a clearly documented design process that specifies your unique role on different projects.
- Self-initiated achievements that show an ability to work through and across organizational lines, and refine the usability of a product over time.
- Excellent ability to present and explain solutions and decisions to partners in a style that fosters collaboration and consensus building, as well as explain the reasoning behind key design decisions.
- BA or MA in interaction design, communication design, industrial design, HCI, psychology, social sciences, or relevant equivalent.
What You'll Get
- Competitive compensation plus equity
- We provide lunches, regular outings and nice parties, host events, and have a warm and welcoming team.
The real reason to join Issuu is not all these perks, it’s our unique company culture that delivers the leading results in our industry - we ensure that by holding true to our company values of Care, Grit and Learning. Be yourself and thrive!
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Palo Alto, with offices in Copenhagen, Berlin and Braga, Issuu is profitable, growing fast, and expanding our team across many departments. If you are a collaborative and ambitious professional looking to join a community that: deeply cares about our users and colleagues, has a growth mindset, sees and embraces challenges as a means for continuous improvement, and takes accountability to have a phenomenal impact, apply today!
Issuu is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives.