We’re looking for an intern in Paris! ✨
Five years ago, Heartcore decided to expand our reach in Europe through the creation of a local office in Paris. We firmly believe that France is one of the most dynamic, fast-moving tech ecosystems in Europe, and are pleased to renew our ambitions and efforts to strengthen our local presence and accelerate our investment path here. 🇫🇷
We’ve been very active over those years in hunting for exceptional opportunities here, and are delighted by the quality of talents and level of ambition in the ecosystem. Our French investments include companies such as Taster, La Fourche, Lovys, Gourmey, Zefir, Neoplants, Ukio, Numi and more to be announced soon!
In order to keep up with all the exciting opportunities we come across in France, we're now looking for someone available for an internship position with us While we don't think there's a perfect mold for who'd make a great venture capitalist, we do believe there's a set of traits that more likely than not would help any aspiring VC reach greatness.
As such, we're looking for someone who's:
- Infinitely curious: we firmly believe that knowledge compounds and is a prerequisite to identifying what others don't. We're therefore looking for someone who’s a learning machine and does not shy away from getting acquainted with anything from nuclear fusion to synthetic biology to how software margins are being impacted by LLMs.
- Highly independent and self-starting: this is a probabilistic line of work which means that there’s rarely clear-cut answers to questions. The good thing is that your opinion is as good as ours. The flip side is that there’s no one formula on how to do the job well which will require creativity and the ability to adapt and define your own ways of working.
- Great with people: we invest in the earliest days of a company’s lifetime which means that in most cases there’s not much more to go on than our read of the founders, empathy, and understanding of what intrinsically motivates people.
As depicted above, we don’t have a rigid classification of the kind of profile we’re looking for as we don’t believe there’s one-size-fits-all background to the venture world. Your path is unique and you can be sure that we won’t apply a conformist lens to its assessment.
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various activities that are essential to the world of venture capital. These activities include:
- Identifying potential investments: you will learn to recognize industry trends and extract crucial company data from various sources to conduct in-depth market research.
- Collaborating with investment managers: you will be an integral part of our deal flow, assisting in meeting preparations with potential portfolio companies and aiding in portfolio management.
- Contributing to our knowledge base: your exploration of specific topics will expand your knowledge and significantly contribute to our internal knowledge database.
- Start date: ideally January 2024.
- Duration: 6 months (flexible).
- Workplace: Station F.
- Remuneration: competitive.
If you’re interested in the position, we’re asking you to fill out the Typeform attached below to submit your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yohan & the Heartcore team