Senior Lab Operations & Technical Manager
Do you want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, and committed Technical Operations Senior Manager to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with a positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, and scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 60 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will play a crucial role in overseeing and managing the operations of our premises (Laboratories and pilot plants) in order to maintain a high-quality & safe environment. You will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing.
What will you be responsible for?
As our Technical Operations Senior Manager, your main outcome will be to ensure efficient, safe, and compliant operations in our Laboratories and Pilot plants.
- Maintain & develop our physical and digital infrastructure operations:
- Collaborate with Laboratories & pilot’s team leaders to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient operations, implementing new policies when needed. This includes maintaining compliance with industry-specific regulations and standards, such as safety protocols, Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Contribute to short and long-term implementation of digital systems and processes, including R&D information management, traceability, and facilities digitalization strategy.
- Oversee and manage maintenance programs, service suppliers, and day-to-day operations of the laboratory / Pilot operations for all our equipment & systems.
- Build and lead a high-performing technical operations team, including a laboratory manager, Lab Ops specialist, and Facility staff. Assess and handle current and projected workloads and recommend/monitor implementation of necessary staffing and equipment.
- Develop and manage operating budgets for the technical operations department.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and trends in biotech and laboratory operations to drive innovation and efficiency improvements. Create a Master Plan for the facilities.
- Lead ordering, receipt, and inventory maintenance of laboratory materials including consumables, media, and small equipment. Stewardship of new laboratory instrumentation, including coordinating deliveries, collaborating with technicians for equipment installation, and onboarding.
What about you?
- Proven experience (8 years +) in technical operations, laboratory management, or facility management within the biotech industry.
- Experience in developing and implementing laboratory policies and procedures. Proficient in standard business office software, laboratory information systems, and internet tools. Should have continuous improvement experience, plus 5s methodology implementation. Understanding of HACCP is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of health/safety requirements in a laboratory and biotech production environment, given compliance with the local norms. Having a Certification in Laboratory Operational Management is a plus.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to oversee construction and commissioning projects. Budgeting and resource allocation experience.
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across various departments, aligning expectations with the main stakeholders.
- Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation
- Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken.
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- Flexible remote work
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers, and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- Interviews with our Talent Acquisition Manager, future colleagues, and manager
- A remote case study in English to give you a taste of what we are working on at GOURMEY
- A last interview on-site to meet part of the team and visit the facilities
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose, and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.
We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).