Want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, and committed Bioprocess Technician to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there From engineers or scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
We are looking for 2 Bioprocess Technicians. At GOURMEY, you will both report directly to Candice Claire Yang, Team Lead of Bioprocess.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Bioprocess Technician, you will join a team that is in charge of producing the first commercial batch of cultivated Foie Gras.
- Conduct and monitor cell cultures from flasks to bioreactors according to established protocols.
- Detect, identify, and escalate any malfunction or risk. Participate in incident analysis. Propose and implement corrective actions.
- Carry out the operations of preparation of the culture media and solutions in accordance with the established documents.
- Take samples and analyze solutions.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the process.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness, and support inventory management.
- Ensure the proper conduct of the experiment respecting the Quality and HSE instructions available.
- Participate in the selection of equipment as well as its installation.
- Maintain the equipment and the premises: participation in the monitoring of the equipment and premises, interventions on the equipment, and maintenance in a state of cleanliness.
- Have the ability to ensure very punctually on-call duty to guarantee on weekends the optimal conditions for cell cultures if necessary.
What about you?
- You ideally have a first experience (2+ years) in conventional cell production (thawing/ freezing, maintenance of flask cells and/or bioreactors) on a biotechnology production site and/or in an R&D laboratory.
- You hold a BSc/BTEC in Life Sciences or Biotechnology or equivalent
- You have experience with the culture of primary cells, ideally, stem cells
- You are familiar with the hygiene and safety guidelines of level 2 laboratories (BSL-2). Having a knowledge of the GMP rules would be a plus.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, with good interpersonal and writing skills, and are able to work independently and in small teams
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- Flexible remote work
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers, and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- Interviews with our Talent Acquisition Manager, future colleagues, and manager.
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office.
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose, and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.
We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).