Senior Bioprocess Engineer
We are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world.
Do you want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative and committed Senior Bioprocess Engineer to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will report directly to Marion Fichini, Team lead of the R&D Bioprocess team and will join a team of 4 gourmates.
What will you be responsible for?
Your main mission will be to optimize the production process at small scale of our in-house cell lines both in shake flasks and benchtop bioreactors (up to 10L). You have previous knowledge or strong appetite for Feed design & formulation.
- Lead efficiently scientific projects, provide expertise on process strategy, on training and technical support. You will also design process development plans, execute associated experiments and analyze your results.
- Provide metabolic knowledge and work on designing feeds for the optimization of fed batch processes.
- Lead, review and assist in writing and revising technical documents including laboratory SOPs, working instructions, records, scientific reports.
- Collaborate with external partners or internal teams to conduct and test out new scale-up technologies.
- Implement a structured and standardized work environment.
- At least 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive background in mammalian/avian cell-line development and characterization, upstream process development, cell culture media in suspension and formulation of feeds, knowledge in downstream process is a plus
- Track record in multidisciplinary project management roles and skills in statistical analysis and DoE are needed
- MSc or PhD in Bioprocess engineering, Chemical engineering, Cell biology or related discipline
- Fluent in English. We are an international company, no need to speak French!
- You are flexible and adaptable to a changing environment, and have the ability to work effectively in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work-environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do the things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like:
- Interviews with our Head of Peole & Culture, future colleagues and manager
- A remote case study in English to give you a taste of what we are working on at GOURMEY
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).