Senior Legal Counsel
Senior Legal Counsel
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, people from all over the world have booked more than 135 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 800 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 18 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
GetYourGuide’s Legal Team is passionate about our business and our customers. With Legal Team presence in Berlin, New York and Zurich, we are trusted and pragmatic business partners, operating in a fast paced environment. Our team finds practicable and innovative solutions for complex problems, manages legal risks and promotes integrity.
You are a privacy and tech lawyer with a clear focus on GDPR compliance, software procurement, other privacy laws and all related aspects of operating an internet platform business. You will be a trusted business partner for all company stakeholders, acting as both an enabler and guardian of the company. In this role you will develop a deep understanding of our business and tech stack, while participating directly in negotiations with key international stakeholders.
We are an international and multidisciplinary team with expertise in various fields of law. Serving our business flexibly, we often also work on topics outside of our core specialty. You will be able to count on amazing, highly motivated colleagues who truly enjoy working together and are eager to learn from each other. The position offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth within a fast moving environment. We enable you to work independently while giving you every support and opportunity to learn and grow on the job.
This a full time role is based in our Berlin HQ.
- Apply your expertise in data protection and related regulatory aspects of the business as a reliable business partner
- Create and maintain internal GDPR documentation
- Review and negotiate agreements with suppliers of cutting edge tech tools
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the business and excellent relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Support with global scaling projects while responding to legal questions and driving the projects according to business needs
- Contribute to process improvements and training programmes
Who you are
- Full legal qualifications or alternative qualifications for in-house lawyers with excellent results
- 5+ years of post-graduate work experience in an international law firm and/or in a tech company with substantial exposure to data privacy, software procurement and tech law topics
- Foundational knowledge of and affinity for tech and platform business
- Excellent communication and relationship building
- Intercultural skills and ideally experience in a multinational environment
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for personal growth, teamwork, travel and delivering for our customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Important notice: Protect yourself from recruitment scams
We want to ensure your safety during the application process. Please be aware of potential scammers impersonating GetYourGuide recruiters. Remember, GetYourGuide never requests payment or sensitive personal information during recruitment. All official job opportunities are exclusively posted on our Careers page. If you suspect fraudulent activity, report it to email@example.com. Stay vigilant and protect yourself from recruitment scams.