Regional Manager Central & Eastern Europe
Regional Manager Central & Eastern Europe
GetYourGuide is the globally leading marketplace for unforgettable travel experiences. Travelers use GetYourGuide to discover the best things to do in a destination. Since its founding in 2009, people from all over the world have booked more than 135 million tours, activities, and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. Powered by a global team of over 800 travel experts and technologists, we are headquartered in Berlin and have 18 local offices around the world. Visit our careers website to learn more.
Our mission is to is to unlock unforgettable experiences in Central Eastern Europe and near East
- Manage, grow, lead and develop a best-in-class sales team that covers a diverse region in Europe & the near east, with 14 different countries: Austria (Vienna), Czech republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Romania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Jordan, Israel
- Be responsible for team performance (target achievements) and team development.
- Build and nurture a positive team culture by leading by example, focusing on GetYourGuide’s core values and acting as a role model for the company culture.
- Lead your team to drive the commercial growth of the region by executing our local sales strategy: acquiring new suppliers, optimising existing inventory, and deepening and owning partner relationships in order to grow market share.
- Own the reporting and analysis of key metrics and acquisition goals, and exceed sales KPIs by effectively planning and managing our quarterly sales goals..
- Take calculated risks and provide data based suggestions to higher management to overcome challenges and unlock opportunities.
- Develop strong internal stakeholder management and to build extensive local networks and relationships are key to succeed.
- Be the brand ambassador for GetYourGuide by constantly representing and strengthening GetYourGuide in the region by attending panels and trade events, dinners and events and meet key suppliers together with your team to ensure constant growth.
Who you are
- 8+ years experience in sales or account management, including 3+ years in managing a team.
- Strong business acumen and deep understanding of online marketplace dynamics including the connectivity landscape.
- Strong operational leader with demonstrated success in driving growth, achieving tangible results, and planning and achieving quarterly targets within the region
- A brand ambassador that thrives in being a visible and top-of-mind leader in the region
- Excellent analytical and data skills with the ability to build, create and maintain dashboards to assess the success of your region and your team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with a strong will to win despite challenges
- Empathetic and supportive people manager with a proven track record of recruiting and developing outstanding talents
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with a strong win-win mentality and natural ability to build external and internal relationships across teams
- Travel industry and/or travel tech/tech expert with a strong network
- Used to work in a fast paced environment, experienced in managing constant change with yout team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
How we set you up for success:
- Invest in your development with an annual personal growth budget
- Become a part of our success with virtual stock options
- Enjoy flexibility with a hybrid work-from-home and telecommuting policy
- Save on transportation costs with discounted public transportation tickets
- Support your loved ones with generous maternity and paternity leave policies
The starting salary for this role is €87.000 per year, plus a competitive equity package.
We look forward to hearing from you
Unlock your full potential and join our mission to create unforgettable experiences for millions around the world. If you have the skills and passion for joining our team, we invite you to apply by submitting your CV/resume in English through the form below. Check out how we hire for tips and visibility into our process and check out life at GetYourGuide. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer
Our commitment is that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
Important notice: Protect yourself from recruitment scams
We want to ensure your safety during the application process. Please be aware of potential scammers impersonating GetYourGuide recruiters. Remember, GetYourGuide never requests payment or sensitive personal information during recruitment. All official job opportunities are exclusively posted on our Careers page. If you suspect fraudulent activity, report it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay vigilant and protect yourself from recruitment scams.