Growth Strategy Associate
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and, well, cool.
Fora is a next-generation travel booking platform that, through training and tools, enables anyone to become a travel agent. Fora's mission is to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating incredible experiences for travelers.
Fora was founded in 2021 by travel entrepreneurs Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 50+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
About the role
We're looking for an early career Growth Strategy Associate to join Fora. Our mission is to empower 100,000 entrepreneurial travel advisors – and as part of the Advisor Growth team, you will contribute directly to that mission. This role is a unique opportunity for a candidate whose skillset balances data and modeling with strategy and communication. The Growth pod at Fora is comprised of Marketing, Membership, and Product Growth teams; as Growth Strategy Associate you will collaborate closely across these teams (and levels) to both inform and deliver Fora's Advisor Growth roadmap.
As Growth Strategy Associate you will take on three main related areas of responsibility:
Inherit existing key growth models and analyses, with an eye toward how you might evolve them to better meet our evolving needs
- Annual forecast (budget and user growth, overall and by channel)
- Monthly performance lookback: attribution and CPA model
- Report or enable reporting on targets vs actuals
Support marketing and membership teams in shaping go-to-market strategy and tactics, informed by the budget and data
- Own and/or support specific acquisition marketing tests and campaigns
- Help channel and functional owners connect the dots into an overarching GTM strategy
Adapt and scale the function as Fora grows with both data and process
- Deepen our understanding of acquisition marketing performance at the channel, campaign, creative asset, and segment levels
- Explore more nuanced attribution modeling e.g., multi-touch and determine whether/when we should adopt different attribution methodologies
- Introduce or inform changes to our marketing/membership infrastructure as needed to better understand and measure performance
In this role you will report to the VP, Data & Growth, who is based in NYC and works a hybrid WFH / office schedule.
You're excited to join a high-growth, high-caliber team and draw energy from a role where your work has visible impact on both our company goals and our community of advisors. We're a team of results-oriented problem solvers and believe those two qualities will enable you to thrive and grow at Fora.
To be successful, we believe you need 2-5 years experience in some combination of management consulting, investment banking, acquisition marketing, or high-growth tech environments, with the following demonstrated skills and qualities:
- Modeling & analysis: you will take over annual & monthly budget vs. actual files and improve them
- Communication with both technical & non-technical stakeholders - spoken & written
- Empathy: we are a business in service of people, and an ability to relate to their needs is instrumental for success in this role
- Strategic curiosity and business acumen / the ability to look externally to Fora to find examples, ideas, and benchmarks that may be relevant to our evolving growth roadmap
- Data visualization - so that your data tells a story / drives to the "so what"
- Growth / acquisition marketing experience
- Basic to intermediate SQL and/or experience using BI tools like Metabase/Looker/Tableau
Benefits & perks
This is a full-time role based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule. Our benefits include unlimited vacation, health/dental/vision insurance, One Medical membership, 401(k), commuter benefits, supplemental life insurance, and more. Compensation on this role ranges from $100-120k, depending on experience.
Fora is backed by Forerunner, Insight Partners, and Heartcore.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.