Sr. Product Designer
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Fora is a next-generation travel platform that, through training and tools, enables anyone to become a travel agent. Fora's mission is to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into revenue, and we’re doing it by curating incredible experiences for travelers.
Fora was founded in 2021 by travel entrepreneurs Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 50+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City. We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors (Forerunner, Insight, Heartcore) and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our dynamic Product Team in our Tribeca NYC office. We take a cross-disciplinary approach to our product work with Product Management, Design, Product Ops, and Engineering all reporting up to our co-founder & CPTO, working together in pods to deliver solutions for our advisors.
Our Travel Advisors are our primary users of the Fora Portal, where we build integrated tooling to support their work and success. From onboarding and training, to helping them manage their business (CRM, marketing, workflow), to an integrated booking platform, to reporting and commission tracking, our team is obsessed with making their workflow seamless and easy to use.
As an early Design hire at a time of rapid company growth you will play a key role in shaping what our product and design processes will look like for years to come. You have a strong ability to create easy-to-use interfaces to accomplish complex tasks. You care about the big picture and the small details. You are customer obsessed and research driven. You’re a natural collaborator and can work independently and in a team environment.
- Lead with insights, proposals, flows, prototypes, etc. – both strategically and tactically. This is product design, not UX/UI production.
- That said, our design team is not large (yet) so a large part of the work is interaction and UX design. You will need to have skills and passion for sweating the details in flows, screens, micro-interactions, and edge cases.
- Develop product designs that strike a balance between creativity, quality, speed, and business opportunity.
- Create new product features, from conception to user experience to pixel perfect implementation.
- Establish and drive a posture and practice of understanding customer problems deeply – not just reacting to customer requests but understanding them well enough to create solutions customers could not have thought of themselves.
- Demonstrate compelling and confident storytelling that surfaces assumptions and difficult decisions but also aligns stakeholders around solutions.
- Contribute to our nascent Design System to create consistently high quality experiences for our customers and decrease the time it takes to deliver it.
- Work collaboratively with peers in Product Management, Product Ops, Engineering and across Fora.
- 5+ years of product design experience, preferably in a startup or embedded environment.
- Have a fondness for identifying and addressing uncertain issues and converting them into well-defined objectives.
- Eye for visually appealing and meticulously crafted design, paying close attention to details.
- Approach design with an eye on practicality and business impact.
- Like to tell stories using both words and visuals.
- Hands-on HTML/CSS background is a plus Experience designing for SaaS-like web platforms is a plus
- Salary range is $160-170k + equity.
We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including
- Unlimited PTO Health Insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ)
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- One Medical Membership
- 401k plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Meaningful Stock Options
This role is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are generally our Tribeca in-office days, with flexibility for Monday/Friday at your preference.)
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.