Social Media Coordinator
Hi, we’re Fora. We’re reimagining the travel advisor industry with fresh eyes, and building a travel agency that is modern, inclusive, tech-enabled and well, cool.
Our mission is bold. We’re here to empower 100,000 entrepreneurs to transform their passion for travel into a totally fun new career, and we’re doing it by curating the most incredible experiences for travelers.
We’re proud to have been named as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. You can read about us in Condé Nast Traveler, where we were featured as one of the 56 Bright Ideas of Travel in 2022 and Phocuswire, where we were named as one of the hot 25 startups of 2023.
Fora was founded in 2021 by three travel entrepreneurs – Henley Vazquez, Jake Peters and Evan Frank – who shared one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to a team of 30+ full-time employees, with an office headquarters in TriBeCa, New York City.
We are fortunate to be backed by an incredible group of investors and are looking for more talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team.
About the role
We’re seeking a creative and organized Social Media Coordinator who loves content creation, social media & travel.
The ideal candidate has a baseline knowledge of social media (we’re active on everything from TikTok to LinkedIn, and we’re looking for a dynamic storyteller who understands the nuances of each). We’d love to hire someone who is a content creator in your own right: whether that’s editing videos, photography, graphic design, writing or other creative endeavors, this is your chance to dive into a full-time creative career. Of course, we love a lifelong learner, and we’re looking for someone with never-ending curiosity.
This is a highly creative role centered around social media & content creation that spotlights several different verticals of the company. It is a unique opportunity to be a part of an early team developing in-house marketing with a mission-driven company.
The role reports to our Creative Lead, a seasoned social & creative strategist who has both agency and in-house experience.
The role is an entry- to mid-level with opportunities for growth.
Key responsibilities include:
Content Creation & Production:
- Help to produce social media collateral alongside the rest of our creative team, with projects ranging from short-form videos to utilizing (or creating) Canva templates
- Create content for both organic and paid campaigns
- Support with production of our ongoing content series, like our podcast, Speedtalking
- Review and edit content for accuracy, clarity, grammar and adherence to brand guidelines.
Content Planning & Execution:
- Create & manage content calendars, outlining key deliverables, deadlines, and distribution channels.
- Transform cornerstone campaigns into social media content with an eye for adjusting the messaging for different social media platforms
- Schedule content across multiple social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, TikTok, etc
- Work alongside our SEO, editorial & marketing team to bridge the gap between social media promotions & our website content
- Collaborate with the team to develop content strategies that meet business goals and target audiences.
- Monitor content performance metrics and provide monthly and weekly insights to enhance future content strategies.
Who you are…
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, visual design or a related field.
- Previous experience (1+ years) in social media, content coordination, content marketing or a similar role within an advertising agency or related industry.
- Super organized & detail-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and strong editing abilities.
- Moderated proficiency in content management systems (Sprout Social, Latr, Planoly etc) and social media management tools.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, startup environment… You possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, as well as prioritize & make trade-offs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Knowledge of advertising and marketing principles, trends, and industry standards.
- Proficiency in Adobe, Figma, Canva or other design programs
- Sharp eye for imagery
- Travel industry experience
- Hotel- and design-obsessed
- Showcase your personality.
- Emphasize that you get our brand.
- Illustrate your mission-driven, entrepreneurial mindset.
This is a full-time, entry- to junior-level role with room for growth. It is based in New York City with a hybrid WFH & office schedule (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are our in-office days, with flexibility for Monday/Friday at your preference). Salary ranges are commensurate with experience, with salary ranging from $50k-60k. All Fora HQ members also have the optional opportunity to earn extra revenue on their own terms by booking travel as a Fora Advisor.
We pride ourselves on our great benefits, including: unlimited vacation, three weeks remote time annually, health insurance (including an option completely covered by Fora HQ), One Medical membership, dental & vision insurance, 401k plan, commuter benefits, supplemental life insurance and more. All employees also receive stock options – Fora is backed by Forerunner.
Think you have what it takes? Send us a stellar cover letter that showcases why you understand our brand, including insight on your background, career goals & what sets you apart from other candidates.
You must have authorization to work in the United States. Fora is unable to assist applicants with obtaining work authorization.
Fora is committed to an equitable hiring process and an inclusive work environment. BIPOC and traditionally underrepresented candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will not discriminate and will take action to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law.