Principal of SEO
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As Principal Content & SEO, you play a crucial role in helping people discover FINN through search engines and content across multiple markets, domains and languages. You will drive organic customer acquisition strategies and collaborate with teams across the company to implement initiatives. You not only thrive on creating high-quality and outstanding content, but guiding world class growth teams that deliver tangible results. You work closely with product, design and engineering to drive customer experience and growth.
This position can be on onsite in either our Munich or NYC HQ. We also welcome fully remote employees for our German team, so long as they are located within a 3 hour time difference of Munich. At this time, we are not accepting fully remote candidates for our US team.
- Develop a SEO & content strategy to drive organic growth: You create excitement around the FINN brand and are able to develop and implement a content strategy. You assign clear KPIs and consistently apply a test-and-learn approach to refine your strategy.
- Build great content and authority: You translate the content strategy into tangible deliverables and results. You will work closely together with creatives, SEOs, and editors to build the best automotive content for non-car people. At the same time, you and your team identify backlink opportunities and execute off-page initiatives (e.g. PR, third party links) to boost our domain authority.
- Drive experimentation and data: You develop hypotheses and continuously try out new formats and strategies to push growth. At the same time, you leverage data to derive insights and learn continuously.
- Work with a team of cross-functional experts and build a winning tech SEO product: You collaborate closely with product, design and engineering to optimize our product for search engines and users, generate content ideas with editors and content managers, and leverage agencies to ensure a high quality of execution.
Why Work At FINN?
- Competitive salary with equity participation of the company
- Annual personal development budget of $3,000
- A baseline comprehensive medical insurance plan with all premiums paid by FINN. An additional 5 PPO plans are available to satisfy any specific personal circumstance (with employee contributions), including an HSA option
- 401(k) with match eligibility for all full-time employees
- 20 days paid vacation with additional company holidays
- Hybrid office with flexible working hours
- Free lunch on in-office work days in our NY office
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary parents, and 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary parents
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Subscribe to a FINN car and receive a generous employee discount (subject to availability)
- Graduated with excellent academic standing with a Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of professional experience in fast-paced brand-guided environments, ideally in e-commerce environments selling directly to consumers.
- Experience in leading content strategy and owning the long-term content vision with a track record of successfully balancing priorities & delivering on KPIs.
- Experience with technical SEO and the optimization of e-commerce websites across the whole funnel.
- Experience in distributing content across multiple channels, while leveraging SEO and product to increase organic traffic via search.
- Experience working with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, ahrefs, Ryte, semrush, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console, as well as headless content management systems.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, coupled with customer obsession and eagerness to develop a deep understanding of our customers’ needs.
- Ideally, you have first experience in ASO and YouTube SEO.
- Proactive mindset with an ability to think outside the box and enrich the team with new, creative ideas.
- Highly analytical and comfortable around numbers.
- Meticulous attention to detail and joy in precise working.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment and coordinate multiple projects.
- Genuine interest in and curiosity about the mobility industry with experience as a plus.
- You are fluent in English and either a native German or English speaker.
The salary for this role will be within the range of $125,00 to $145,000. This is the lowest and highest salary that we in good faith believe to be fair for this role at the time of this posting, and is only applicable to jobs located in New York City. However, the actual salary offered may be more or less than the range posted. Factors that may influence an employee's pay within this range include, but are not limited to, their qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, education level, seniority, and performance. This compensation range may also be subject to change in the future.
Interested in joining our movement?
Please upload your resume and transcripts online. Takashi and Danielle are looking forward to your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We’re revolutionizing car ownership by breaking down barriers to access and are committed to creating a team that is reflective of our customers. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
See more open positions at FINN
Something looks off?