Senior Backend Engineer (Python, AWS)
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
FINN drives change for people, organizations and the planet through frictionless mobility. Offering convenient and flexible car subscriptions, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and accelerate the advent of electric mobility. Join our fast-growing scale-up to make FINN the natural choice in Europe and the USA. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will have an impact on software that will manage thousands of vehicles and customers on a daily basis. You have a chance to join the team early on and therefore work with modern serverless technologies independently, as well as shape FINN’s journey by your technical expertise.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely within the EU / EMEA region (+/- 3 time zones from Munich).
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Excellent fixed salary with equity participation of the company.
- Additional yearly development budget of 1,500€ and an enabling environment to enhance your skills.
- An open-minded community to be welcomed from day one and fun team events with amazing colleagues.
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Get one with our employee discount program.
- Grow and share your FinTech expertise: As part of the Finance Engineering team you will play a driving role in implementing smooth financial processes. You will shape and have massive impact on a young product with quick iterations by leveraging modern technologies. In addition, you will share your technical knowledge and best practices, as well as contribute to technical discussions to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Do it, do it, automate it: Simplify, automate and optimize financial processes and find the balance between using no-code tools such as Make or Retool (20%) and solid hard code implementation (80%).
- You build it, you run it: Build features and take ownership for testing, deployment and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in serverless!
- 3+ years Software Engineering with passion for Backend and a hands-on mindset.
- Profound knowledge with Python and AWS (Lambda, RDS, S3).
- Highly comfortable with serverless applications is a plus.
- Previous experience in a FinTech, Start-Ups or other fast-paced environments is a plus.
- Curiosity about No-Code and Automations is beneficial.
- Strong growth mind-set and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Previous experience in an agile development team.
- Fluency in English.
Interested in Joining Our Fast-Growing Start-Up?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Anna and Alex are looking forward to your application!
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!