(Senior) Backend Engineer (Python, AWS) - Part/Full Time
Remote · Munich, Germany
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a (Senior) Backend Engineer, you will have an impact on software that will manage thousands of vehicles and customers on a daily basis. You have a chance to join the team early on and therefore work with modern serverless technologies independently, as well as shape FINN’s journey by your technical expertise.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely within the EU.
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Possibility to work part-time instead of full-time and reduce a 40-hour-week to 80% (32 hours/week).
- Excellent fixed salary with equity participation of the company.
- Additional yearly development budget of 1,500€ and an enabling environment to enhance your skills.
- An open-minded community to be welcomed from day one and fun team events with amazing colleagues.
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Get one with our employee discount program.
- FINN is set up in a cross-functional organizational design, so Engineering is directly integrated into our business departments. Find more information here.
- Finance & Legal: Grow and share your FinTech expertise by implementing smooth financial processes.
- B2B: Be responsible for building a true enterprise experience for our B2B customers on all platforms.
- Play a driving role in the team: In both departments you will have impact on a young product with quick iterations by leveraging modern technologies. You will be able to share your technical knowledge and best practices, as well as contribute in technical discussions to deliver the best possible solutions.
- Do it, do it, automate it: Simplify, automate and optimize financial processes and find the balance between using no-code tools such as Make or Retool (20%) and solid hard code implementation (80%).
- You build it, you run it: Build features and take ownership for testing, deployment and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in serverless!
- Solid experience in Software Engineering with passion for Backend and a hands-on mindset.
- Profound knowledge with Python and AWS (Lambda, RDS, S3).
- Highly comfortable with serverless applications is a plus.
- Previous experience in a FinTech, Start-Ups or other fast-paced environments is a plus.
- Previous experience in a customer facing product-company is a plus.
- Curiosity about No-Code and Automations is beneficial.
- Strong growth mind-set and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Previous experience in an agile development team.
- Fluency in English.
Interested in Joining Our Fast-Growing Start-Up?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Anna and Alex are looking forward to your application!
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!
See more open positions at FINN
Something looks off?