Senior Data Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
There is no quality healthcare without a quality dialogue. Today, that dialogue is broken; we need you to help us fix it.
Are you interested in contributing to solving real-life problems in healthcare by applying cutting-edge technology? Do you have a passion for building great infrastructure and understand what it takes to scale data pipelines effectively? Does the thought of dealing with huge volumes of data from around the world sound like your ideal day?
If you answered yes to the above, join Corti's ML Platform team as a Senior Data Engineer to be part of pioneering the development of products in healthcare. Our team is responsible for bringing Corti’s innovative machine learning into production in diverse healthcare environments, empowering decision making of medical experts around the world. As part of this team, you'd co-own the entire technology stack related to data ingestion, allowing the team to effectively innovate new machine learning models, allowing Corti’s products to stay on the forefront of the technological innovation sphere.
Join us as an integral part of a fun, autonomous, and team-oriented culture, guided by shared values, a high bar for quality, and a willingness to experiment. At Corti, you will learn by working day-to-day with professionals in software engineering, machine learning, and data science — are you up for the adventure?
- Build, own, and maintain an effective data ingestion pipeline that allows for efficient training of new machine learning models
- Design a data ingestion pipeline that can support both internal and public data sets
- Ensure compliance by having data remain in Microsoft Azure or other external location, while training occurs in a self-hosted server location
- Anticipate performance and scaling factors
- Work with Machine Learning Engineers to proactively support their needs
- Ensure that all policies and actions around data storage and access are secure and compliant
- Create tooling, as needed, that limits and restricts access to data, so training can be done in effective but compliant manners
- 2-4 years of work experience in Data Engineering or Software Engineering
- Experience with Python
- Experience with a Linux-based operating system, command-line interfaces, client-server architectures, and cloud computing
- Building systems that can process very large volumes of data and scale effectively
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases, REST & CRUD APIs
- You know how to use version control tools and effectively collaborate with other engineers
- Strong analytical, software engineering, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written & verbal English communication skills
- MSc degree in Mathematics, Data Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible
- Hybrid work environment from our amazing office in central Copenhagen!
But hey.. what are the benefits?
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation PTO: 25 holidays for all employees on top of national holidays
- Sick leave PTO: Paid sick leave when needed
- Equipment: Computer, monitor, laptop stand where needed
- Flexibility: Flexible work hours
- Company and team trips: Go somewhere with us and get to know your team at least every six months!
- Yearly offsite with the entire company (this year, we went to Portugal!)
Ready to dive into the world of Corti? Hit that 'Apply' button, and let's start working together on reshaping the dialogue in healthcare, making a real difference for millions of patient outcomes around the world.
🤝 Bringing in top talent from all backgrounds is crucial in our pursuit to improve the world of healthcare. We encourage applications from all people and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, and/or disability status.
At Corti, experience comes in many forms, and we’re passionate about creating teams with a multitude of perspectives! If you believe your experience is close to what we’re looking for but not an exact match, we still hope you’ll consider applying!