Production QA Specialist
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Ana Luisa is a Brooklyn-based e-commerce jewelry brand with a simple, but clearcut idea that high quality jewelry shouldn't cost the planet. We believe that how we create our pieces matters just as much as why people wear them and that luxury shouldn't be defined so narrowly and designed for so few. We design, craft and deliver exceptional everyday pieces for everyone, priced fairly and produced ethically to create a positive impact for both people and the planet.
We are looking for a motivated, process-driven team player to join our sourcing team as our Production Quality Assurance Specialist! Reporting directly to the Production Lead, your mission is to foster strong functional relationships with both internal departments and our vendors to ensure our jewelry meets aesthetic, quality, functional requirements.
You will support the Production Team in purchasing while ensuring the highest standards of quality and regulatory compliance. You will utilize your problem-solving, multi-tasking and communication skills to help oversee the day to day production of our responsible jewelry.
What you’ll do:
- Work together with the Production Lead to manage day to day activities.
- Initiate purchase orders with multiple overseas suppliers.
- Effectively communicate order delays or price discrepancies.
- Track & review samples to ensure specs are applied correctly.
- Issue weekly vendor WIP reports.
- Oversee relationship with 3rd party testing & inspection partners.
- Plan and report on supply chain audits.
- Identify corrective/preventive actions for successful resolution of product, process and quality issues.
- As needed data-entry responsibilities related to Production or Compliance.
- Provide monthly qualitative analytics on Key Performance indicators.
- Reconcile & audit Production and Compliance packing lists & invoices.
- Participate in cross functional meetings with PD, Production, Design and Merchandising to review seasonal collections.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-4 years’ experience in similar Production or Quality & Compliance Role
- Knowledge of PLM or OMS software a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and great organizational skills
- Ability to think analytically, apply sound judgment, and solve problems
- Proficiency with Google Sheets & Slides a plus
- Health Insurance and Wellness: 100% Employer-paid health plan (Medical, Dental, Vision); Unlimited Sick days
- Time Off: Unlimited PTO
- Brand Perks: Employee discount; Welcome gift card
- Office perks: Bagel Thursdays; In-office events, Flexible WFH policy
- Others: Commuter benefits; Fun & friendly company culture, 401K matching
- Daily Charity give-back action sponsored by the company