Accounting & Finance
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
Ana Luisa is a Brooklyn-based e-commerce jewelry brand with a simple, but clearcut idea that high quality jewelry shouldn't cost the planet. We believe that how we create our pieces matters just as much as why people wear them and that luxury shouldn't be defined so narrowly and designed for so few. We design, craft and deliver exceptional everyday pieces for everyone, priced fairly and produced ethically to create a positive impact for both people and the planet.
Ana Luisa is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting and Finance team from early March until the end of July. The Senior Accountant is responsible for all Bookkeeping, Account Payables, Actualization and Journal Entries required, supporting Tax notifications, and will collaborate with the Senior Accounting Manager on Month-End Closings while maintaining our "no task is too small" culture. This position is primarily remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the comfort of your chosen location. However, please note that occasional travel to our office will be required for important team meetings and collaborative sessions. We're asking for one day per week in office (Brooklyn).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Month-End close JE entries for Accounts Payable, tax related inquiries, Payroll, and prepaid expense account reconciliation and auto-entries
- Month-End close reconciliations for bank and credit cards
- Work alongside our European team to provide accounting clarification, guidance, and support.
- Assist with Integration to a new ERP/OMS. Customer Profiles, Vendor Profiles, Sales Invoices, COGS, Inventory.
- Manage daily clearance of bank feed on QuickBooks and post transactions and categorize by assets, liabilities and expenses.
- Manage daily tracking of expenses to ensure the team is booking invoices in real time.
- Payment processing twice a week – setting up payments for manager/director to review and release.
- Verify all bank information for new vendors
- Save and store back up and Invoices and payment confirmations in the cloud
- Email Production vendors payment remittances along with payment confirmations
- Weekly review booked/classified Invoices and expenses to ensure they are categorized correctly.
- Monthly actualization of company budget and departmental budgets files
- Review weekly A/P reports to ensure proper clean aging.
- Weekly Cash Flow Actualization of bank feed, payroll, inventory and operating & overhead expenses.
- Work as a liaison with our tax specialist
- Intercompany Invoicing, reconciliation, month close.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred
- Min 4 years of experience
- CPA a strong plus
- Eager to learn, team player, no-task-is-too-small attitude
- Advance knowledge of MS Office and QuickBooks, ERP/OMS Systems
- Experience in Fashion, Retail, eCommerce/DTC or with inventory a strong plus
- Proactive, positive, and hands-on attitude, a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational and team work skills