HR Generalist (Contract)
Software Engineering, People & HR
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
Ana Luisa is a Brooklyn-based e-commerce jewelry brand with a simple, but clearcut idea that high quality jewelry shouldn't cost the planet. We believe that how we create our pieces matters just as much as why people wear them and that luxury shouldn't be defined so narrowly and designed for so few. We design, craft and deliver exceptional everyday pieces for everyone, priced fairly and produced ethically to create a positive impact for both people and the planet.
About the job
Ana Luisa is looking for a caring and organized Human Resources Generalist to support the HR & Talent Acquisition team.
You will be responsible for supporting the team and the leaders with HR day to day business operations and administrative tasks. You will keep our HR files and processes organized in order to keep the HR Department running smoothly. You will partner with our HR Lead to support her in scaling our internal HR & Talent policies, processes, and programs. You will oversee all potential recruitment needs for the Brooklyn Office.
You will initially report to the CEO.
This is a part time role.
This is a 6-months temporary position for a Maternity Leave replacement starting early July 2023.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Manage the day to day operations of the HR Department.
- Oversee Employee Relations and support managers and leaders on employee relations matters.
- Manage hiring, onboarding (benefits enrollment), offboarding.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with our PEO (Justworks).
- Maintain and grow the Employee Satisfaction rate, track and analyze data to define actions and ensure the team happiness
- Oversee and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements to stay compliant with federal and state regulations
- Prepare, Launch and manage our Performance Review Process Cycle (October 2023)
- Cultivate and foster Ana Luisa’s values and cultures throughout all levels of the organization
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent preferred, MBA a plus
- 4/5+ years of experience in a Human Resources or HR Generalist role, preferably in a start-up environment
- Proven track record of developing HR policies and procedures
- Experience with recruitment is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to utilize analytical thinking to diagnose business challenges and identify hiring trends
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ana Luisa is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and welcome all candidates regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Ana Luisa
Something looks off?